Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Web Service

Options
  • 28-03-2006 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭

hi

just looking for a bit of help. I have been trying to create a web service using amazon search for a small project site and I wanted to know if anybody has one already- im using visual studio.net and VB programming. I have tried it myself but finding it very hard to do. Has anybody got one i could use as a reference or that i could use? I have googled it and have found some examples which are a bit high-tech for my limited programming knowledge

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Phileas Fogg

Are you not trying to consume an amazon webservice rather than create one?

Here's a tutorial on using Amazon Web Services with Asp.net > http://www.odetocode.com/Articles/158.aspx. (It's in C# but you'll have to learn to translate at some stage, might as well be now :))

I found that by searching the AWS page here.

You're best bet is to try and get something working, if you're unsure base it on some of amazon's code samples, and then come back here with specific problems. Hth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

IIRC Amazon are phasing out the SOAP service used in the tutorial linked. Their REST service is easier to use, though.

Advertisement