Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter not over just yet

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Eh where?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 kaizer

east antrim. down at sea level as well

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Oh rite, it is quite cold up there:rolleyes:

light rain here too with the cloud having closed in thickly.

Temp is dropping like a stone
    Now 5.5c down from 9c a half hour ago

The DP is up to +0.8c though from the -4c of earlier which wont help.
    Be interesting to see whats at the tail end of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Very heavy hail started at about 4.15 pm in Drogheda today. After about 5 or 10 minutes this turned to heavy rain, which kept up for 40 minutes. I was outside for all of it.:(

There was no sign of snowflakes, though I wasn't at home so I couldn't tell if there was sleet or snow there. I do know that the car temperature was at 5 Celcius, 20 minutes after the rain ended so it was a close call between snow and rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Hail shower just now:) getting very heavy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Best hail shower i've had in years grabbed a few shots on my phone.

The shower was at such a way where you could look up deep into the
    sky and see the massive hail churning down from 100's of meters high
    as the low son shone on the storm.

Hail about 1cm in diamater

And a lovely rainbow to boot;) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Best hail shower i've had in years grabbed a few shots on my phone.

The shower was at such a way where you could look up deep into the
    sky and see the massive hail churning down from 100's of meters high
    as the low son shone on the storm.

Hail about 1cm in diamater

And a lovely rainbow to boot;) :D
    Where are you wc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,263 ✭✭✭highdef

He's in Portmarnock, Snowbie. Baldoyle got the very edge og it. Howth was hammered and was left white following it. Left roads in a very ice state. Friend in Rush aslo said there was a good covering. Looks like this shower just hugged the coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Goes to show you about the showers highdef, up the road you can miss it and im in Clarehall,saw and got nothing:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Snowline down to about 400ft this morning in Wicklow area. Sun already getting to work on it. Recorded nearly 3mm after midnight giving perhaps as much as an inch of snow up in the hill. Can see that the trees are white...

Mothman wrote:
    Snowline down to about 400ft this morning in Wicklow area. Sun already getting to work on it. Recorded nearly 3mm after midnight giving perhaps as much as an inch of snow up in the hill. Can see that the trees are white...
    There was a hail shower here around midnight last night that hugged the coast,it gave 0.3mm rainfall here and didnt go inland.
    Nothing on the nearby hills,though Lugnaquilla is now white from top to bottom from yesterday evenings showers.
    Previously it had only a patch on the very top.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Booms

HI everyone. hope this isn't too much off topic. I've been lurking for a while, and have been enjoying and learning from the chat. BBC weather have an article about april's 1908 snowstorm at http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/understanding/1908_snowstorm.shtml
    you might find it interesting.

Advertisement