Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Mexican Restaurant - info?

Options
  • 28-03-2006 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

I've heard of a new Mexican restaurant on O'Connell Street, anyone help with some details e.g.

Actual Name
    Telephone Number
    Website (haha, just kidding!)

For anyone that's been there

Is it any good?
    Do they do frozen margheritas?*

*most important

GRMA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Inge Binge

It's in the process of opening now for 4 or 8 weeks. would be surprised if it is open now!

IB

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭sioda

Nope passed it last nite still closed how much longer must they taunt us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

its called "The mexican"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 thehungrysloth

I was passing the alleged restaurant last night just wondered if this was an art installation as part of EV+A?
    That used to be the Limerick Development Office right?

No it was sold and if you look in the windows there is tables and kitcheny bits nice thought though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Is not going to open then sioda?

Its gonna open was just commenting that it was not a EV+A exhibit

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

As far as I know this restaurant is opening today.

Bout bloody time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Anyone got a phone number?

• Advertisement

Passed it yesterday its kinda a fast food take away job

Sweet.

Burritos and Enchiladas Woop Woop.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

kebabs are frighteningly hot...oh yeah... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ag_46

We were there last night - it is top class, especially the food and excellent service!

Some one asked about details:
    +353 (0)61 446422
    www. themexican.com

I'll be going back, that is for sure.

ag_46

I have the say the food is good but by no means good mexican food and its by no means worth the money you spend in there. Its ten euro for a burrito and half full of chips with drink, I mean come on. Also what is the deal with the Jose Gonzalez song playing on loop and along with a Rodrigo Y Gabriela video playin on loop. Also it seems like the specifically employed a behind a counter just cause he looks kinda mexican.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

Willem D wrote:
    Its ten euro for a burrito and half full of chips with drink, I mean come on.

€8.50 actually. I thought it was decent value.

I did notice the obvious Rodrigo Y Gabriela overplaying though. When I was in there they were on the screen and on the cd player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 thehungrysloth

Thanks to you all for the info. I finally got in last night & came away happy. Between us we had a Beef Burrito meal (I though the chips were generous), Mexi Fries & a Doner Kebab. All good though the kebab was a bit tame for my taste. Mexi Fries were great and at least some bit hot (chili hot).

I'm really looking forward to lurching in there half-cut and starving with the drink!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

I'm really looking forward to lurching in there half-cut and starving with the drink!

lol..truly a king among kings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

I went there last week and to be honest, I wasn't impressed!! Myself and my girlfriend got the bueritos and the were cold and tastless! The whole lot went into the bin after 3 bites, including the chips! Went to bed starving!!

Was in there Friday nite and must admit it made a great change from the usual post pub grub great kebabs and the nachos were delicious even if i did stink of garlic nearly a day later

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 suning

:D
    I ate in the Mexican there when it opened and i cant stay out of the place now, its gorgous, the food can be hot if u like hot or tame if u like tame.. its really good defo recommend it, u can also place orders over the phone and then come collect them, its (061)446442 and its 35, o connel street for the hungry sloth... enjoy :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

suning wrote:
    :D
    I ate in the Mexican there when it opened and i cant stay out of the place now, its gorgous, the food can be hot if u like hot or tame if u like tame.. its really good defo recommend it, u can also place orders over the phone and then come collect them, its (061)446442 and its 35, o connel street for the hungry sloth... enjoy :cool:

You don't own the place or work for them do you? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

bazz26 wrote:
    You don't own the place or work for them do you? :D

lol exactly what i was thinking.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I got €10 odd of takeaway from there the other night.

BBQ pork burrito and Mexi fries.

I was very dissapointed. The Buritto was skinny and was mostly tortilla. Very little filling. Chilli Kebabish is Ellen Street is miles better. Fresh naan bread packed with meat and salad.

The fries were no better, and the cheese was poured on plastic gloop. Taco fries from Abrakebabra are way ahead.

The Mexican need to improve quality and quantity to survive.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I got €10 odd of takeaway from there the other night.

BBQ pork burrito and Mexi fries.

I was very dissapointed. The Buritto was skinny and was mostly tortilla. Very little filling. Chilli Kebabish is Ellen Street is miles better. Fresh naan bread packed with meat and salad.

The fries were no better, and the cheese was poured on plastic gloop. Taco fries from Abrakebabra are way ahead.

The Mexican need to improve quality and quantity to survive.

I've heard the same from a few people. Was looking forward to it. Might still have to try it, just to be sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Inge Binge

Chilli Kebabish is Ellen Street is miles better. Fresh naan bread packed with meat and salad.

That's definately the place to go! Best Doener Kebabs you can get in town!!! Trust me - I grew up with traditional turkish kebab shops in Germany!

All this texmex-style food is crap. even worst if "ethnic food" is prepared by non-nationals of the ethnic group it is supposed to come from. except Supermacs - there it makes no difference if a filipino is doing it or an irish :D

IB

Advertisement