Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog mess

Options
  • 28-03-2006 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Now that the days are getting longer again, I took a look at my garden at the weekend, and found several places where neighbourhood dogs had been. Obviously, I don't want to mow my lawn with this mess still there, and I'd prefer not to have to go around with a plastic bag. I'm getting a gate soon, but in the meantime, is there anything I can do to clean up, and keep dogs away from, my lawn?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

corblimey wrote:
    Now that the days are getting longer again, I took a look at my garden at the weekend, and found several places where neighbourhood dogs had been. Obviously, I don't want to mow my lawn with this mess still there, and I'd prefer not to have to go around with a plastic bag. I'm getting a gate soon, but in the meantime, is there anything I can do to clean up, and keep dogs away from, my lawn?
    block the entrance with chicken wire or something
    Get a shovel and a bucket

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

corblimey wrote:
    I'm getting a gate soon, but in the meantime, is there anything I can do to clean up, and keep dogs away from, my lawn?

It was ideal weather a few weeks ago for this - when it was frosty - you can get poop scoopers in most pet shops which are good for this - other wise shovel and bucket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Apip99

Great solution for this.

Ask the neighbours in question if they have seen the film, Me, Myself and Irene. If they nod and comment about how amusing it was, point out the scean where the dog keeps crapping on his lawn, and what he does in revenge. Then politely hand over the bag of dog mess you have had to clear up from your garden, and bid them a good day. That should get the message across. :D

On a serious note though. We had the same a few times, one dog in particular kept doing his business on gardens in the road. Then one of the neighbours went away for a week or so, and on their return found a huge amount of poo. She put it all into bags, and walked up to the neighbour and said that she should either walk her dog, or stop letting it ****e on other peoples gardens. So far, this has worked and we don't see the dog in question wondering around.

Mind you, I don't think they have spoken since.!!

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

Dogs tend to sniff around before they poop, so I have heard that sprinkling ground up cayenne peppers or something equally spicy is quite effective. Have never need to try it myself, but others have told me it works.

Advertisement