Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sewing machine

Options
  • 28-03-2006 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello,

I recently acquired a sewing machine (singer 514)

Was wondering if anyone had any tips on threading the lil bastid? The instructions don't seem to work (else its me)

Its quite frustrating so any help is mucho appriciated

Ta
    :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

ah greetings.

First things first I would suggest that you change that picture you have in your signature.
    It is about 6 times the size permitted here.
    Here this link will explain to you some of the rules for Boards.ie.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=98

All sewing machinces are the same in principle.
    You put the spool of thread ( after making sure the thread is suitible for a sewing machine some aren't) on the spindle and take the trhead from the back of the spool.
    The thread usually goes arround a guide which is a metal circle and then
    down to the tension guide and then up into the action arm.
    The action arm is the bit that goes up and down with the thread, these used to have a hole at the top but more modren models have a way of sliding the thread into the top of it.
    Then the thread runs down to the needle and into 1 or 2 guides and then the needle is threaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 thislittlepiggy

i didnt really want it there anyway, i wanted it as an avatar?

Anyway, i'm very new to this forum malarky, but ta for the reply re sewing machine.

Advertisement