Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone listen to howard Stern?

• 28-03-2006 3:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else listens (ie downloads) to Howard Stern?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i downloaded a couple of shows but dont have the time to listen to it. way too many hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

absolutely not. he's a whiney little ****e. download opie & anthony, and/or lazlow's shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

absolutely not. he's a whiney little ****e. download opie & anthony, and/or lazlow's shows.

His shows, are at times, entertaining. He needs to get rid of his sidekick though (Robin). Now she is a whiney little ****e.

I think his show has actually got worse since moving to Sirius. Anyone listen to Bubba the love sponge on the howard 101 network? that guy's show is crazy.

Must check out opie & anthony..

i wouldn't count howard's luck with regard to staying on sirius. he's bankrupting the company (they can't afford his 1/4billion paycheck or whatever ridiculous figure it is)...

he stopped opie & anthony from working for a long time because they were threatening his position in the industry, so once they got back on the air (on sirius' rival) they laid into him. search google video's and you'll get some great moments from their show (twitchels the comedian is hilarious)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

daveg wrote:
    Just wondering if anyone else listens (ie downloads) to Howard Stern?

I'm a huge fan. Been listening to him for years.

Anyone listen to Phil Hendrie?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 SpringsternFan

I like Howard Stern. How many will take advantage of this 2 day free offer next week (10/25 & 10/26) and consider subscribing to stream Howard over the internet when the streaming only subscription becomes available?
    http://www.ew.com/ew/article/reuters/0,24012,1546443_10_0_,00.html
    internationalsternor5.th.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

i wouldn't count howard's luck with regard to staying on sirius. he's bankrupting the company (they can't afford his 1/4billion paycheck or whatever ridiculous figure it is)...

his paycheck is around $100,000 i think, he got $250,000 in stock options for signing on.isn't it a subscription service though?

his paycheck is around $100,000 i think, he got $250,000 in stock options for signing on.isn't it a subscription service though?

he has massive stock options but his paycheque itself is ridiculous, far more then $100,000...

and yeah, it is a subscription service. Sirius currently has 7million listeners, of which it's estimated about 1million are stern listeners.
    I like Howard Stern. How many will take advantage of this 2 day free offer next week (10/25 & 10/26) and consider subscribing to stream Howard over the internet when the streaming only subscription becomes available?
    http://www.ew.com/ew/article/reuters/0,24012,1546443_10_0_,00.html
    internationalsternor5.th.jpg

wouldn't subscribe simply because i'm not a religious listener the same way i am with O&A, but i do download the odd torrent to see what he's up to (usually nothing robyn, hoo hoo :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

http://news.com.com/Is+Stern+worth+his+millions/2100-1026_3-5994210.html
    accorfing to that link he's getting paid in stock and cash a mix of $500 million over 5 years, insane

http://news.com.com/Is+Stern+worth+his+millions/2100-1026_3-5994210.html
    accorfing to that link he's getting paid in stock and cash a mix of $500 million over 5 years, insane

and it's throwing Sirius down the crapper entirely. they thought he'd rake in the listeners but it didn't work. opie&anthony went to satellite because no one else would take them after their stunts, and they have a good 1million odd subscribed listeners (XM is a bigger company then sirius, it looks like they're going to buy out napster soon), so when stern went satellite they expected 5times that number, but it never happened.

it does appear stern has plans to "do an o&a" (according to the ny times) and do half his show on terrestrial radio, and the other half exclusively on sirius...

i enjoy american radio so much more then irish radio :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement