Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to get garage policy?

• 28-03-2006 3:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭

Will pay whatever, only problem is 23yo, no ncb, provisional...
    It has been said many times before that legally insurance companys have to quote otherwise its age discrimination ect but how can I make them?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

What do you mean by 'garage' policy, or do you mean an insurance companies policy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Mickk

Garage eg motor traders policy, open to drive any car once it is being sold or owned by me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭5500

Mickk wrote:
    It has been said many times before that legally insurance companys have to quote otherwise its age discrimination ect but how can I make them?

Are you actually running a garage and require the policy for that or looking for an easy way to insure hi performance cars?

If its the latter then you dont stand a chance,you also need to be 25,full ncb and full licence (and is some cases vat regged) before you can be quoted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Mickk

I am going to start bringing in cars from england and selling them, high end mercs and possibly hummers. It will be a business and registering for vat is no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

There are a few companies/brokers who advertise Motor Trade Policies in the Buy & Sell.

However, I suspect that you will find it very difficult to get such a policy until you at least have a Full Licence (and perhaps also over 25).

Silvera
    (Ex-Panel Beater)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Mickk wrote:

Sorry to cut you short, but ill be honest.
    At your age and the fact youre on a provo license, theres probably not a hope you'll get garage insurance.

Having a registered company/VAT number has nothing to do with it.

I know because I have researched it before. Again, im not trying to be thick, just advising not to waste yer time. HTH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

sounds like a scam to get insurance on fast cars to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

colm_mcm wrote:
    sounds like a scam to get insurance on fast cars to me!

Sure its the only way to get insured on fast cars these days :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

I know a few lads who are 21 driving who are mechanics and drive customers cars on garage policies - is this a different deal?

Does the proposer have to be over 25 and employees can be younger?

A provisional driver cant drive abroad legally anyway - you're going to need to get your full license. I dont think I'd buy a car off a guy who didnt have the competence to get his full license!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Apply for a cancellation test.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Flyboy!!!

So does anyone actually know anywhere to get a garage policy??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Flyboy!!! wrote: »
    So does anyone actually know anywhere to get a garage policy??
    http://www.campionins.com/

wexford insurances, (053)9122466

ARB

John Power

O'Reilly Cullen Campion Insurance

Think most of those places do part-time policies, but you have to be over 21 or 22 AFIK. You only need to be VAT registered for a Full Time Trade Policy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

In your heeeead, in your heeeeeeeeeeead, Zombie, Zombie, Zombie, Zombie.

Zombie thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement