Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning permission for downstairs bathroom?

Options
  • 28-03-2006 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Hi, our house is quite old and has an existing downstairs bathroom (no upstairs bathroom). The bathroom is pretty grotty and small and we want to replace it and extend it a little. It's beside our kitchen so it will mean getting a wall moved, so that the already-small-kitchen is made smaller and the bathroom bigger.

Does anyone have any experience of doing this and is it something that we need to apply for planning permission for? I have a feeling that situating a bathroom beside a kitchen in a new property isn't allowed (I don't know why I think this) but that's where the bathroom has always been in our house, so surely extending it into the kitchen a bit won't need pp?

Advertisement