Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting transparency

Options
  • 28-03-2006 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭

hello chaps in need of assistance here

ok so i have a drawing i did of a skyline that i have scanned into my pc, i got rid of all the white as i wish to overlay the skyline onto a video file. however when taking it out of photoshop i lose the transparency and instead get a nasty chunk of white in my face when i bring it into flash. i know i can save it as a gif file however when i do this the gif leaves a lot of little bits of white floating around the place

any ideas anyone ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Problem: The 'little white bits' are pieces that you didn't remove.

Solution:
    Select all of the current image. CTRL+A
    Copy it to the clipboard. CTRL+C
    Create a new document. CTRL+N

The new doc. dialog will appear - it will have the dimensions of the image on the clipboard, so they can be left alone. Check the other settings. Make sure that BACKGROUND CONTENTS is set to Transparent.
    Click OK.

Paste the clipboard contents in. CTRL+V
    Erase the bits that you've missed. Eraser tool shortcut = E

^ This = a PSD with transparency. Then crop,copy,move,etc. to Flash.

Advertisement