Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surveyor Costs

Options
  • 28-03-2006 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

I'm switching mortgage at the moment and my new bank is asking me to get a surveyor in.

Anybody know any surveyors around Dublin city centre? I'm living in D7.

Also how much should I pay for this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭sandyg

The average is around €130 - €150. Usually your bank would recommend the surveryor

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

jesus.. i must have been ripped off... or your prices are way off...

a survay normally costs in or around 300+vat (i paid 395 for a survay of a 2 bed in santry) (i paid 295 for a survay of a 4bed house in dorgheda)
    a snag list costs about 160(can only be done if the house/apartment is less than 6months old i believe)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

sandyg wrote:
    The average is around €130 - €150. Usually your bank would recommend the surveryor

By any chance Sandyg would you thinking about the cost of a valuer? €130 to €150 is consistent with valuers fees. I think what sportbilly and lazygit are talking about is an actual structural survey (but I stand to be corrected)

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

yup i was talking about a structual survay...

i believe the max price for a valuation is €150 and its normally what the bank ask for when getting a mortgage, the survay is for your own peace of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It this type of situation you generally need two things (a) a valuation - which is a market valuation, not a construction cost (b) a condition survey.

The condition survey is a simple version of the structural survey and can be done by anyone the bank accepts. A structural survey can only be done by an engineer. Either would take several hours to do and €250 would be the starting price.

You may need a insurance valuation (building only, excluding site).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I just got a valuation Report done on a 3 bed for 130+vat

Advertisement