Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deciphering planning permission zoning

Options
  • 28-03-2006 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭

Hi, Could anyone direct me to an explaination of the different planning permission zonings (e.g. A3). I'm currently trying to consider the possibility of building because I cannot find suitable accomodation in current developments in my area:confused: .

Another point. Someone told me that certain people (by means of their profession or mother tongue) can gain exemptions in areas where planning permission is granted to local people. Is there any truth in this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Send an e-mail to your council and ask for the meanings.

You won't get an exemption from PP but you may be granted permission (assuming your application is valid) if you have "local needs" or can demonstrate some affinity to the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,420 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It will be detailed in you local county / ccity development plan. "A" designations are usually residential.

Advertisement