Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lan Party,Carlow

• 28-03-2006 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭

right, i posted a couple of weeks back about a new lan party in carlow. this is what i have come back with thurs 20th april in a 5 hour lan party. people tell me if this suits you or not. also take the poll to see what to play. i will have a copy of all of these on the day.

Which game to play? 12 votes

Batllefields:1942
    0% 0 votes
    half-life(original)
    25% 3 votes
    half-life 2
    0% 0 votes
    half-life counter-strike(source)
    25% 3 votes
    Counterstrike 1.6
    50% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

dude where the hell is cs 1.6, u need that....!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

lynch_3001 wrote:
    i will have a copy of all of these on the day.
    As you're playing these games via Steam, don't you need individual CD-Keys for each computer on the network who wants to play it?.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

pretty limited games there. why play battlefield 1942 instead of battlefield 2? its a far superior game. also, you'd need CS, source and 1.6 (to keep the fanboys happy).

finally, the best way to get a lan party going is to book a hall or a conference room somewhere that allows 24hr attendance. a 5 man is a bit small...also with exams coming up, not too many people would be there i'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭lynch_3001

right if you want more games you tell me ok but its battle 1942 cause it doesnt need as much power to run and its cheaper :D
    second its in the parish centre for three reason:
    again cheapness
    also warmt and heat(its that or the room over capenters, its fckin freezin up there, trust me i know)
    and there is no conference room that allow 24h access, i know i work in the hotelin industry :D

finally, 5 hours is the max out i want full profit to made out of this and its thurs 21 april due to the wait, if not then its waitin till late june as i will be away with this equipment, skiving in some far away place :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

lynch_3001 wrote:
    finally, 5 hours is the max out i want full profit to made out of this

:eek: five hours? by the time everyone gets networked and has their pc's up and running there'll be 4 of those hours gone. if you want people to attend you gotta make it longer

• Advertisement

Psycopat wrote:
    :eek: five hours? by the time everyone gets networked and has their pc's up and running there'll be 4 of those hours gone. if you want people to attend you gotta make it longer
    look what ever you say its staying at 5. and lets put it this way it only takes my comp up to an hour and install a game, and its SLOOOOWWWWW!!!!! i might try and get a 1/2 hour extension to the time for set up but thats it! also i give priority to laptops ,aRIGHT? like it or lumpi it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Sounds to me like this is all about making money. Aside from the fact that boards isnt here to promote business ventures, this all sounds very shady. Anyway, have fun...

Ivan wrote:
    Sounds to me like this is all about making money. Aside from the fact that boards isnt here to promote business ventures, this all sounds very shady. Anyway, have fun...
    well its not to make money its just to cover costs. is that ok?

how many people?

lynch_3001 wrote:
    finally, 5 hours is the max out i want full profit to made out of this and its thurs

Just going by what you've said...
    Honestly, I'm letting it slide in any case as Carlow could do with more Lan parties, whether the organiser is money grubbing or not. So just carry on, but try to be a little bit more civil about this whole nasty affair, please.

• Advertisement

in relation to the last 2:
    1. Ivan,THANKS!!
    2. around 20-22 ppl 22 is the max out on the hub! tell your friends

ill be honest with you a lan that small and with only 5 hours may not seem appealing to most people :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭X-Calibre

The size to me sounds fine, soem of the best lans I've been to have been 20 or less.:D 5 hours mightnt be too bad, as long as theres no network issues. If you have everything set up when we get there and you know your router works then it should be ok.

But how much are you thinkin of charging for a 5 hour lan?

EDIT: I voted for CSS but I'd play 1.6 aswel

i dunno x.cal we can have lans in our house for as long as we want for free and up to 16 ppl when we get of network equipment. im not so much complaining about the ammount of people or cost just the 5 hours :o

Alright, we get it. You think 5 hours is too short, now please, leave it alone.

right, in relation to the network troubles, i dont think we will have any, i got a whole lot a codes that work(see my computer gets everything).:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Sch!Sm

X-Calibre wrote:
    But how much are you thinkin of charging for a 5 hour lan?...

so?? how much. i would go for 1.6 alright.

its going to be €5.50-€6 depending on bookings. also 1.6 aint in it dont know who added it to the poll its source unless someone will give me a couple of copies, but also i can cs condition zero if theres demand.:p

are u in college now

i havent been in the college for bout 2 days, but if anybody wants to meet up arrange a time by pm on this or msn or yahoo me also you cam pm me and request my no. i aint posting it though for ovious reasons :cool:

• Advertisement

lynch_3001 wrote:
    its going to be €5.50-€6 depending on bookings. also 1.6 aint in it dont know who added it to the poll its source unless someone will give me a couple of copies, but also i can cs condition zero if theres demand.:p

why would you run CZ and not 1.6? :confused:

i dont have 1.6 so thats the answer i will run it if i am supplied with it :D

ah I see fair enough then :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Psycopat wrote:
    i dunno x.cal we can have lans in our house for as long as we want for free and up to 16 ppl when we get of network equipment. im not so much complaining about the ammount of people or cost just the 5 hours :o
    i agree we now have the neccesary stuff for our own lan so why pay to go to a lan only slightly bigger, with people we dont know, while dragging our p'cs around?

and anyway we have GHM LAN on the 29th

You have a laptop ya lazy <insert bad word here> :rolleyes:

But ye ur rite now that there is LAN equipment available elsewhere 4 free i'm not arsed goin to it

Sch!Sm wrote:
    You have a laptop ya lazy <insert bad word here> :rolleyes:

But ye ur rite now that there is LAN equipment available elsewhere 4 free i'm not arsed goin to it

well if the above is the atitude you guys are takin i will just cancel it, its no use 4 me to go to all that trouble if noones going to come!! :mad:

look man, main reason i think no one wants to go is that you dragged this topic on for too long...people wana hear about me like a week before n say oooo ill go to that coz its on this weekend...so they can make arragements...also its gettin close to the end of yr so ppl are thinking about other things...

well would ppl come after the exams if there still around i can arrange a new meet for then. i want commited signatures to it.

ill be honest you can count me out tbh thanks anyhoo....

• Advertisement

Ppaaatttt!!!!!!!!

Advertisement