Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bi-Xenon Headlights

Options
  • 28-03-2006 5:52pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys/Gals,

Just after ordering a new focus and am thinking of getting the Bi-Xenon lights on it.

They cost €1000

Just want to see people's opinion on them, are they worth it:confused:
    For functional and looks point of view;)

Cheers

Mik

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Jaysus, that is some price! I have them on the A4 and they are very good, strange that it seems to give a blue tint but I do notice a massive difference between them

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

yop wrote:
    Jaysus, that is some price!

And that is with a 17% discount!!:eek:

They are pricey all right

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If you do a lot of night driving on bad roads, then it may be worth it. they will not add any value to your car when it comes to trading in

€900 per light? :mad:

Seems expensive all right.

Anyone any ideas where you can get these apart from Ford main stealers?

Cheers

Mik

AFAIK they're not able to be retro fitted, and you also get headlamp washers with them. (legal requirment or something)

• Advertisement

AFAIK they're not able to be retro fitted, and you also get headlamp washers with them. (legal requirment or something)

colm_mcm wrote:

That's a bit annoying.
    I think I might go for them.
    My mate has some in his Evo:p and they light the road v well.

Just curious to see if anyone has them in the focus
    and what people think of them.

Personally I think they look well - but not sure if that justifies €1000 :D

Mik

you'd probably be looking at factory ordering the car too, (16-20 weeks) as I don't imagine they have hundreds lying around the place

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Thats robbery for them,they can be gotten online for about 240 inc delivery for an 8000k kit,ive had 2 sets on various cars from the same company and never had any problems with them.

is it the same thing?

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote:
    you'd probably be looking at factory ordering the car too, (16-20 weeks) as I don't imagine they have hundreds lying around the place

Well the car is being factory ordered already so it won't take any longer

eireal wrote:
    Thats robbery for them,they can be gotten online for about 240 inc delivery for an 8000k kit,ive had 2 sets on various cars from the same company and never had any problems with them.

Any chance of some linkage?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

If its looks your after then go ahead and get them installed otherwise I would just go for the extra bright halogen bulbs :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

mik_da_man wrote:
    Any chance of some linkage?

Cheers

i was going to ask the same.some links would help and can they be fitted to most cars

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

I think they are worth getting if you are concerned with image - they certainly look better. In terms of practical benefit I'm not convinced. There is one issue - I find that quite a lot when I am behind cars they think that I have my head lights on (when I dont), then when I overtake they stick on their headlights - very annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

mik_da_man wrote:
    That's a bit annoying.
    I think I might go for them.
    My mate has some in his Evo:p and they light the road v well.

Just curious to see if anyone has them in the focus
    and what people think of them.

Personally I think they look well - but not sure if that justifies €1000 :D

Mik

unless your mates evo is an 7 ,8 ,or 9 i doubt it has factory fitted xenons.

more than likley he has a pair of HID nalogen bulbs that give the xenon look .
    ie. Philips blue vision or philips GT150

1000E is too expensive and if you have a light corner carsh and light needs to be replaced it will cost u a bomb.

I wouldnt get them if i were u . Go to ebay and buy an aftermarket HID conversion kit and saveyourse;f 800E and your getting exactly the same thing.

I have it on my car and they are excellent

My Mate has the 300 HP Evo 7 :p

Great Car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭full forward

They cost €1,770 on a passat. And about €650 and a volvo V50.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

€1000 :eek: I can't see the value tbh.
    What's the wait time on the Focus?
    I ordered C4 last week and should have it next Monday.
    My brother ordered an Avensis last January and it's not due in until 20th of April and no colour choice. He had to take silver.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Out of interest and sorry of the blonde question but does Xenon light contain a bulb?
    If it does can any joe soap put them in?
    Do they have a longer or shorter life span?
    What price range for them. the bulbs that is!

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Contact Ger O' Leary of O' Leary's Garage in Ballincollig Cork for Retrofitting Xenons. They do Xenon, and Bi Xenon retrofits for any car, MTH performance parts, general servicing etc.

He's a good mate of mine in the Motor Trade, and will always bang out a good deal. On the cars I sell, Xenons run anything from € 750 right up to € 1500 for adaptive Bi Xenons. So €1,000 ain't too bad :)

Ger's Number is (086) - 8663828

Owen.

kaizersoze wrote:
    €1000 :eek: I can't see the value tbh.
    I ordered C4 last week and should have it next Monday.
    My brother ordered an Avensis last January and it's not due in until 20th of April and no colour choice. He had to take silver.

There's a big difference ordering from stock, and getting something built to spec. If you ordered a C4 last week and are getting it Monday, then it's just sitting in a compound somewhere in the country.

Your brother only being given the choice of Silver? BS from the Dealer. If a car takes 4 months to order, it should be spec changeable for the first 2.

Our lead time on what we sell is anything from 6 weeks to 4 months, depending on the spec, and model of the car.

[QUOTE=kaizersoze
    .[/QUOTE]

My focus is built to order :D

Taking about 10 weeks

ned78 wrote:
    Contact Ger O' Leary of O' Leary's Garage in Ballincollig Cork for Retrofitting Xenons. They do Xenon, and Bi Xenon retrofits for any car, MTH performance parts, general servicing etc.

He's a good mate of mine in the Motor Trade, and will always bang out a good deal. On the cars I sell, Xenons run anything from € 750 right up to € 1500 for adaptive Bi Xenons. So €1,000 ain't too bad :)

Ger's Number is (086) - 8663828

Owen.

Cheers, I'll give him a bell

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Isn't there some law that says that you also have to have automatic levelling and headlamp washers fitted if you have xenon's? Or is that only for new cars?

I'm not sure about that.

But i know the ones on the focus come with washers and levellers

Anyone else heard of this?

There's no law specifically for Xenons. All headlamps on all cars must be adjusted correctly (It's checked in the NCT) so that they don't dazzle oncoming cars. Washers? Nope. Not a law, and never will be.

Ya I think I heard that about the xenon, that is how you know if you have "true" xenon lights is if you don't have light levellers in the car.
    Also the more I see of cars with xenon lights they also have headlight washers.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

ned78 wrote:
    There's no law specifically for Xenons. All headlamps on all cars must be adjusted correctly (It's checked in the NCT) so that they don't dazzle oncoming cars. Washers? Nope. Not a law, and never will be.
    I've seen several references to this on many UK based motoring forums where the consensus seems to be that it's an EU law. Some have said that it's only a requirement where the dipped beam is HID, and full beam only conversions aren't covered by this, but I'm not sure.

The rationale is that having your headlights correctly aimed is even more critical in the case of HID lamps because of the extra brightness. The washer thing is something to do with the scattering of light when they're dirty.

Mind you in a country where even having two correctly working headlights seems to be a rarity, I can't see anyone being too concerned unfortunately.

• Advertisement

yop wrote:
    Ya I think I heard that about the xenon, that is how you know if you have "true" xenon lights is if you don't have light levellers in the car.
    Also the more I see of cars with xenon lights they also have headlight washers.

Not sure if I understand ya here!

if you have levellers than the lights are NOT "true" Xenon?:confused:

Advertisement