Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

i have a good question

• 28-03-2006 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

before i ask.
    when i was picking my fantasy team this week the first thought that came into my mind about the money in the bank match was -LASHLEY IS GOING TO WIN- then i said to myself, hold on, wait, he is not long in the wwe and he has never held a title in the wwe, so he cant have a championship shot.
    my question
    because lashley is new in the wwe and has never held a wwe title can he have a title shot?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

Don't see why not but i cant see him winning, Finlay and Lashley will probably eliminate each other from contention. If ya want a tip, look no further than the Whole F'N Show RVD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

My money would be on flair cause he's been talking about one last run at the title, this would be a good way for him to get it without having to feud with someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Its not a particularly good question. Two words will answer it though - Brock Lesnar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Explain please:eek:

Firstly there is no rule stating you must carry a title before the World Title. Secondle, even if there was, the winner would have a whole year to pursue whatever title required to allow him compete for said world title.

Secondly Brock Lesnars first belt in the wwe was the Undisputed title after he beat Rock at Summerslam 2002, a mere 5 months after debuting.

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote:
    Firstly there is no rule stating you must carry a title before the World Title. Secondle, even if there was, the winner would have a whole year to pursue whatever title required to allow him compete for said world title.

Secondly Brock Lesnars first belt in the wwe was the Undisputed title after he beat Rock at Summerslam 2002, a mere 5 months after debuting.

And look what happened there. It's better for wrestlers to climb the ladder instead of being shot to the top. Keeps their heads on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

triple h wrote:
    because lashley is new in the wwe and has never held a wwe title can he have a title shot?

Do you mean as in do the rules allow? in which case yes, or just will the general public by it in which case yes.

Or do you mean will Creative let him have one, in which case yes.

Stalfos wrote:
    And look what happened there. It's better for wrestlers to climb the ladder instead of being shot to the top. Keeps their heads on.

Would there have any point in holding Brock back? He came into the WWE, was pushed, creative saw how over he was, and they pushed him further, until the only thing left to do was give him the strap, which once he got, looked like an unbeatable champion. You have to admit that his 2 years in wwwe, we saw some great matches, great fueds, great wrestling from Brock. The only pity was that he is a big headed prick.

Of course, it is quite possible that had Brock not been shot straight to the top, he woud have been the exact same, as the travel itinerary was his major problem. So had he not been pushed, its arguable he would have had his strop anyway, and we wuld never have seen the best of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

gimmick wrote:
    You have to admit that his 2 years in wwwe, we saw some great matches, great fueds, great wrestling from Brock. The only pity was that he is a big headed prick.

Exactly, he was a great Champ for the time and i enjoyed his reign. His main issue was not that he had a fantastic wrestling ability, or he was a huge champ. He was a genetic freak and a genetic athlete and he was always going to want to do more than pretend. As such this fed his ego somewhat and he had every right to be confident in his abilities and his physical prowess. However, there is a huge ammount to be said for humility. :D

All in all, i think we would have seen the same coming from Angle if he had come in BEFORE the Olympics. The difference between a world class athlete and everyone else is the drive and knowledge that you are the best and the need to find the proof of that. Angle tempered his desires while Brock never had that chance.

Jesus that was some tangent, sorry about that!!! ;)

His main issue was not that he had a fantastic wrestling ability, or he was a huge champ. He was a genetic freak and a genetic athlete and he was always going to want to do more than pretend.

I have to disagree with you there, Brock is a great wrestler. look at his match with Eddie at NWO 2003, Eddie didnt carry that match, he didnt need to for once. Also, try watching any Brock Vs Angle or indeed, Brock Vs Benoit match. He is a great wrestler, up there with Benoit and Angle. The fact he is a monster also, just added to his appeal.

• Advertisement

^Couldnt agree more, Lesnars in ring skill was often overlooked for the sole fact that he could power through everyone. He just won a world title with NJPW. Hopefully we will see him back in America soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

I thought you were saying Lesner was coming back or something

Id like to see it happen but isnt there some clause from his wwe days that he cant return to American wrestling for 5 years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

The clause was that he can't wrestle or compete in "ultimate fighting" (their words, not mine) until 2010, but working for NJPW breaks that. The courts seem to be in Brock's favour, and the judge for the case said that if WWE hasn't got some decent response by January 25th, he was going to lift that clause. WWE asked for more time, which they got, haven't heard anything since. So we could be seeing Brock back in America sooner than you'd think

There was rumblings about Brock signing for TNA, but I cant see Vince letting that happen, seeing as he signs up any talent that he sees as a potential threat.
    I wonder if Brock would be on for re signing to the WWE?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I'd imagine he'd only sign with wwe on very specific terms, and depends on how long he can hold a grudge. But I'd like to see him go to TNA, this would really prove that they are stepping up to the big leagues. Moreso than having wrestlers like Sting and Scott Steiner about.

TNA would do well to sign lesnar. but he might be too big for the company atm and get pushed back.

Advertisement