Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

anyone here ever at a wwe event or show

• 28-03-2006 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

first of all i was never at a wwe show.
    the reason i ask is that i cant understand why the crowds are always rooting for the good guy and booing the bad guy. i am always rooting for the evil guy, i see things the way coach sees it (straight down the middle).
    i was wondering are there any people in here that loves the evil guy and if so did you change your colours when you were at a live show.
    i cant understand it, is it the american crowd just cheering the good guy or is it being there that makes you good.
    i love when vince is bad and to listen to the coach giving valid reasons as to why it happened.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

i should point out that even as a little kid watching cartoons i always rooted for the evil dude and i use to look at JR ewing in dallas with admiration saying 'i would love to be like him when i grow up'. i always like the evil guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Because, pure and simple, sometimes it's fun to be the bad guy! And we relate to that...!

Seriously, who wants to listen to people like Hulk Hogan or John Cena telling you to confirm and respect stuff you secretly can't stand...?

Haven't seen a live event in about 10 years (WWF then) was good fun. I think every wrestler that set foot in the ring got cheered irrespective of what side of the fence they stood in (which was a lot clearer back then).

Ip.

PS - There is also the probability that it;s the same in the US, but that the shows are editied so that the wresters are shown receiving the reaction they're looking for...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Most of their shows are broadcast live though

I've been to..3 or 4 WWE shows here. 4 I think. At the last one all the women and kids were cheering Cena and everyone else was up for Angle, he was a heel at the time. Great stuff

I just cheered for the guys I liked really, some of them were heels, some weren't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

Being there live can have a big effect on ya,but not always!

I remember Raws first show at the point in ten years. Batista as a heel (still in evolution) lifted the roof when he came out but that soon changed the minute he destroyed Hardy. HHH and Flair (in separate matches but still in evolution) couldnt buy a BOOOO that night either no matter how much they tried. IN fact the harder Flair tried the more we cheered him on!!

But like FOZZY i tend to cheer for the guys i like too, heel or face.
    I was the only person in my section at last yrs summerbash cheering on eddie against rey and in a belfast show i refused to chant YOU SUCK at kurt! ha ha.

Its all Austins fault! The days of prayer saying and vitamin munching are dead and gone people!! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

TOPDAWG wrote:
    Being there live can have a big effect on ya,but not always!

I remember Raws first show at the point in ten years. Batista as a heel (still in evolution) lifted the roof when he came out but that soon changed the minute he destroyed Hardy. HHH and Flair (in separate matches but still in evolution) couldnt buy a BOOOO that night either no matter how much they tried. IN fact the harder Flair tried the more we cheered him on!!

Yeah I was at that show too. The reception Batista got was unreal. There was even a "**** him up Rhyno, **** him up" chant going and Rhyno was a total heel then.
    I root for the bad guy too, but I really think cheering on the good guy adds to the atmosphere during the match. I was at Smackdown in the RDS (outdoor, wtf, terrible atmosphere) and me and my mates were booing all the bad guys before and during the match but cheering them after (JBL case in point, his speech about the IRA was gold!). And the exact opposite, I cheered my heart out for Heidenreich when he was in the ring, and screamed abuse at him as he walked past after.
    The purpose of a heel is to get booed, so boo them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

I used to be suspiscious that WWE would feed crowd reactions through the P.A. systems at PPVs and live shows to get the desired response from crowds. not that i have any reason to believe that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

I used to be suspiscious that WWE would feed crowd reactions through the P.A. systems at PPVs and live shows to get the desired response from crowds. not that i have any reason to believe that.

I often thought the same, especially when watching the likes of velocity and heat. It sounds like crowd cheers have been edited into the broadcast afterwards. Maybe im imagining it,maybe not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Nah, I wouldn't imagine they edit the crowd. The Heat and Velocity matches would be the first matches at the event where the crowd sees a guy they know in the ring, so of course they'll start cheering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

I doubt they add in crowd reactions, thats old WCW (circa 1998 - 99)trick, except they added in any crowd sounds to make it seem like there was a full house there. Bischoff and his dirty tricks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I generally cheer the good guy and boo the bad guy, because, as someone said above, it adds to the atmosphere. That said I did cheer at the entrances of some heels, like triple h and angle. And I chanted for Cena!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

They add in cheers a fair bit of the time for taped shows like Smackdown especially for interviews when someone is supposed to get a big cheer for their line and does n't get it from the live audience. It would n't be fed into the arena but it would be just done at production.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

i am glad seanironmaiden said that he reckoned crowd reaction is fed through the PA system. i always thought that but was afraid to mention it.
    do you ever notice (monday night live raw) triple h gets the biggest cheer when his music kicks in and then all of a sudden you cant hear the crowd and a few secounds more and you hear faint boos. i always found that odd. on the repeats of raw on thursday they often dont play HHH music. that repeat show does not get a sky edit, it gets a american edit, i can tell , toooo long to explain.

Advertisement