Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whole house heat recovery ventilation systems

Options
  • 28-03-2006 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if there's anyone out there who has installed one of these into a new build and what are the cost benefits?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭babybuilder

Was at the selfbuild expo in Belfast recently and talked to four or five firms who do heat recovery systems. Some claim up to 90% + efficiency but this must be highly dubious as there is little or no independent testing of this technology. I wonder how these companys can market these systems to the domestic housing market if few people if any are installing them in their homes! I would think that modern well insulated houses that are virtually airtight would benefit from a system that claims to recover 90% of ventlated air. And no mention of any grant packages towards this. Any takers?
    (Btw, did see one in action in Wicklow!)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I linked before to the scanhome site, as they also do these as part of their house package.
    BUt they claim around 80% efficiency or so, not 90%.
    No grants for these, but they are standard in the nordic countries. so I would imagine that they perform well, and aren't just a fashionable accessory.
    There has been a few threads on these HRV systems in the last year or so, do a search and you will find some info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭babybuilder

CJhaughey wrote:
    There has been a few threads on these HRV systems in the last year or so, do a search and you will find some info.
    Just done that, thanks

Advertisement