Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best DDR2 memory?

Options
  • 28-03-2006 7:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

With Vista and AM2 i was wondering what would be the best 2GB Dual Channel kit to purchase?

I was reading the Anandtech review of the Muskin memory, looks sweet and a real good price:

http://www.anandtech.com/memory/showdoc.aspx?i=2729

Is there any better timings available?, also the voltage issue...default DDR2 voktage is 1.8V, but what voltages do current motherboards support in terms of upping the voltage?

Like do all mobo's support DDR2 voltage in the range of 1.8-2.3?
    Also do you think it's wise to purchase now or wait till July to see if prices and timings drop? and one final thing...go for DDR2 667 or DDR2 800?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Wait til the Autumn/Winter. OCZ will have some seriously nice 4GB kits coming out to coincide with the (pre)launch of Vista.

DDR2-800 is best (for now)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I'm wondering also if the AM2 chips will fix the whole T1 issues seen on Socket 939?, in terms of having four memory modules installed and it only accepting T2.

See if we could get the T1 issue fixed you'd be able to just buy two 2GB kits.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

I'm wondering also if the AM2 chips will fix the whole T1 issues seen on Socket 939?, in terms of having four memory modules installed and it only accepting T2.

See if we could get the T1 issue fixed you'd be able to just buy two 2GB kits.

t1 issue was fixed with dfi expert

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Try it Gline no DFI board really likes 4 sticks at 1T, some do it, but it is very fickle.

Advertisement