Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Valeting Service, Dublin South

Options
  • 28-03-2006 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I know you guys/gals are asked this probally a lot but I believe in word of mouth, so hence I ask.

Does anyone know of a good valeting service in Dub south? I'm actually on Sandyford Road and have already got a quote of Eur150 from a local garage....

It's an 04 Polo Comfort 5dr.

TIA,
    Joe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

i know a guy in shankill if you are interested.are you looking for full valet or mini valet and also is it very dirty or what.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Depends on what you want done, but I have used Ever Ready for a few cars in Donnybrook and their bodywork wax/buffing is very good. If a little pricey. Exterior is €115 the full monty is over €200

redman wrote:
    Depends on what you want done, but I have used Ever Ready for a few cars in Donnybrook and their bodywork wax/buffing is very good. If a little pricey. Exterior is €115 the full monty is over €200

well a full monty in shankill would be around 150 and that includes the whole lot eg shampoo carpets,seats,etc. ever ready seem expensive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

I got a guy from the yeeelow pages the other day. He was cheap enough. He covers Sandyford - his website is www.executivecarvalet.net.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

drdre wrote:
    well a full monty in shankill would be around 150 and that includes the whole lot eg shampoo carpets,seats,etc. ever ready seem expensive

You have a number / site for that fella?

• Advertisement

I think someone recommended this crowd before, looks like very good value:

Keogh's mobile car valeting

eoin_s wrote:
    You have a number / site for that fella?

No problem his company is called TOP NOTCH and his name is David, he is based in BBQ centre in shankill village.

His number is 0863951429.
    i can tell you he is good as i get my car done from him.

Just tell him Dawood recommended you if you do book with him.thanks

drdre wrote:
    No problem his company is called TOP NOTCH and his name is David, he is based in BBQ centre in shankill village.

His number is 0863951429.
    i can tell you he is good as i get my car done from him.

Just tell him Dawood recommended you if you do book with him.thanks

Thanks for that, will be sure to mention you if I go with him :)

eoin_s wrote:
    Thanks for that, will be sure to mention you if I go with him :)

no problem as then he might even give you a better deal as my dads premises is right next to him so i know him well.

thanks

Found another site:
    http://www.callawash.com/pages/696663/index.htm
    Shakespeare Valet - € 179 (incl. vat):

Car washed, hand dried, interior vacuumed, floormats washed, dashboard polished, door ledges cleaned, tyre polish applied, door panels polished, all interior and exterior glass polished, tar removal, all paintwork polished with colour restoring wax and buffed to a deep shine, wheelarches powerwashed, boot vacuumed and all upholstery and carpets shampooed.

Yeats Valet - € 149 (incl. vat):

Car washed, hand dried, interior vacuumed, floormats washed, dashboard polished, door ledges cleaned, tyre polish applied, door panels polished, all interior and exterior glass polished, wheelarches powerwashed, boot vacuumed, tar removal and all paintwork polished with colour restoring wax and buffed to a deep shine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭jleavy

Hi All,
    Many thanks for all the replies. At the least, I now know that prices go from Eur100-200.

Reason - I'm selling my car.... 04 WH Polo Confortline, 12,000 on the clock. Need to get good money for it.

Is it very dirty - inside, yes.

Rgds,
    Joe

jleavy wrote:
    Hi All,
    Many thanks for all the replies. At the least, I now know that prices go from Eur100-200.

Reason - I'm selling my car.... 04 WH Polo Confortline, 12,000 on the clock. Need to get good money for it.

Is it very dirty - inside, yes.

Rgds,
    Joe

Good luck with the sale of the car.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

Beacon Valeting.. under the hotel.

2946538 - fantastic quality work.

Big Balls wrote:
    Beacon Valeting.. under the hotel.

2946538 - fantastic quality work.

i heard these guys charge ridiculous prices.as its a high end area so its price discrimination:D

You heard OR you know?

Because from looking at their prices, they're cheaper than Ever Ready in Donnybrook and more professional from my experiences with them.

The type of cars waiting to be cleaned at Beacon says it all really...

Big Balls wrote:
    You heard OR you know?

Because from looking at their prices, they're cheaper than Ever Ready in Donnybrook and more professional from my experiences with them.

The type of cars waiting to be cleaned at Beacon says it all really...

no i heard and also seen there pricelist.as where i get mine done its cheaper.and i profesional service is in most places.

Well I suppose it depends what your consider professional and a spotless clean..

They seem to be as competitive as anywhere.. As I've already said, Ever Ready, Crystal Clean charge a minimum of €55 on a Saturday in their washes in the main city centre car parks..

If you're comparing Beacon to some dodgy fella with a bottle of Fairy Liquid, a sponge and some tyre dressing he bought in Halfords then it's a bit different and of course his prices will be cheaper!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭roger 2006 yeah

there's a place on the greenhills rd walkinstown, it's 24 hour opening. have never used it but it's always busy, anyone here ever use it?

Big Balls wrote:
    Well I suppose it depends what your consider professional and a spotless clean..

They seem to be as competitive as anywhere.. As I've already said, Ever Ready, Crystal Clean charge a minimum of €55 on a Saturday in their washes in the main city centre car parks..

If you're comparing Beacon to some dodgy fella with a bottle of Fairy Liquid, a sponge and some tyre dressing he bought in Halfords then it's a bit different and of course his prices will be cheaper!!
    the guy i get mine done from doesnot use fairy as i wouldnot go to him then.i have a brand new car and wasnt to keep it clean.if you pay full wack then he can use meguiar stuff.he gets some amazing cars for valet eg maybach,s class and even bmw and more.so he is good.anyway its your own choice where you go to get it done

Indeed it is, but it's also a bit uncalled for for you to be posting inaccurate information about a company too.

Beacon are in fact as competitive as anyone else out there with specially built premises, comprehensive insurance and all the other things the big valet companies in Dublin have.

• Advertisement

Big Balls wrote:
    Indeed it is, but it's also a bit uncalled for for you to be posting inaccurate information about a company too.

Beacon are in fact as competitive as anyone else out there with specially built premises, comprehensive insurance and all the other things the big valet companies in Dublin have.

yeah so.your point is,anyway why are we arguing over valet companies:D

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭turbodiesel

Guys, i can recomend trevor Keogh of Keoght Car Valet. he's mobile and can do it at you house of work. Check out his prices at http://www.kcvtrading.com/pricelist2.htm

Got e class avantgarde done outside my house and for 130 he was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

I've had the car valeted 3 times in the 2 years that I've owned it, last time was september and I used Beacon all I can say is that they did an absolutely outstanding Job with the manager inspecting everything (I was a little early but took the opportunity to go ogle all the cars there, lambos, ferraris, astons) and getting the guys to do it again, when you see someone with an ear bud polishing the air vents in your dash it's a good job, the car came back to me like new well worth the €200+ I spent on it, carpets were washed back to new, seatbelts were washed, car shone like a showroom model, nobody I've used had done a job like it. Ever ready in Donnybrook do look good but I bring the car to them every second week and get the wash and vacuum €25 which isn't bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

There is a new place just opened on the Grand Canal between Harold's Cross and Dolphin's Barn. They are in the old Shell garage. I stopped in for a car wash yesterday which was fine. I got a full price list for Valeting, but I left it in the car and it's late and I'm lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭neil.p.b

Blah Blah Blah are mobile valeters covering South County Dublin. He's a really nice young guy that does an excellent job and knows his stuff. For prices and info see : www.blah blah blah.ie

edit: If you want free advertising then go elsewhere & at least have the balls and admit that its your company!

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

I've had a few valets done on my car.

One guy up at the back of ranelagh, €180 gave me floor mats and did an excellent job, still have his number somewhere.

Beacon - €250 - pristine, excellent attention to detail and well well worth the money.

MCV.ie had these down last week €150 - not good at all, white wax marks in a few spots, missed the cup holders (ie there was still coffee stains) and didn't do any of the vents in the car (there's lots) generally nowhere near as good as beacon.

If you want a top quality job done go to beacon.

Advertisement