Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drinkies soon

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Tree wrote:
    sorry ma'am, i suppose we gotta keep up w/ the trends

But, but, but....trends involve well lit bars with expensive drinks and a dress code. Whereas being passe just involves getting demented in some dingy backalley bar that smells of vomit. (Guess which I prefer? Plus people let me in automatically wherever there's a smell of vomit, whereas when there's a dress code my only hope is that they laugh and let me past).

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

I'm working in Galway tomorrow, as par usual. I'll be back about 11.30pm but I won't really be in the mood for drinking at that stage. So that's a definite no then. Maybe next month again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Fysh wrote:
    But, but, but....trends involve well lit bars with expensive drinks and a dress code. Whereas being passe just involves getting demented in some dingy backalley bar that smells of vomit. (Guess which I prefer? Plus people let me in automatically wherever there's a smell of vomit, whereas when there's a dress code my only hope is that they laugh and let me past).
    and passé is much more affordable

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Tree wrote:
    and passé is much more affordable
    An excellent point considering the state of my wallet lately :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Fysh wrote:
    I'll be finished work at 5, so allowing for a quick shower and bite to eat I can be there about 6ish, though I don't think we should stay at the Slate all that long.
    Where's this damned Slate place? Do young people go there?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Between the state of my wallet and my liver a quietish night would be a great idea.

And the slate is by the quad. Isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Indeed, it was formerly Bar Rhumba. I think its quite nice inside. One of the better changes in the Cork pub scene of late.

So are we on for at least a drink or two this evening?

I'm still planning on coming in for a few pints. Might be able to make it a bit earlier than 8 but probably not by much. Are we still talking about the Slate?

Right, I'm going to the pub. See you losers later.

Finished earlier than expected today so just about to follow you in :)

• Advertisement

How are we all today then?

I just got my hair done, and got a head massage while getting my hair shampooed... that felt so good after last night

*yawn*

I only really got up a couple of hours ago, and still haven't really woken up. Gonna lounge around for the day, methinks. Last night was fun though, we have to do it again soon. I say we should all go see Ice Age 2 at the Gate sometime. We could maybe get food beforehand? (Alternatively we could go to the pub beforehand, but knowing us, especially when adam's around, we wouldn't make it to the cinema so that's probably a bad idea..)

On another note : Hehehehe, "she-wee"!

LOL. What was that about again?

Apparently all the bloggers are meeting tonight in Reidy's. So stay away from Reidy's unless you want to catch blogging.

I'm still asleep... That sounds like a good idea Fysh. Did ye stay on much longer last night?

Ken & dudara left a while after you did; I had good intentions of going home by about 12:30 but ended up staying out till closing, then drinking until about 4 at my place with some friends.

So, what's the concensus on Ice Age 2? This week is awkward what with, you know, Easter and stuff. Thursday onwards is out for me due to family stuff. We could do wednesday night, I suppose - the film's on at 9, so we could meet for food beforehand and possibly pints afterwards?

What say ye, yay or nay?

I actually ended up seeing it last night but I'd go again if there's a group of us going.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

ooooooh cinema! ahvent been in weeks. what time would ye be thinkin of?

Ken Shabby wrote:
    LOL. What was that about again?

Apparently all the bloggers are meeting tonight in Reidy's. So stay away from Reidy's unless you want to catch blogging.

My local has been infected! arrgh

Might be interested in Ice Age though. can only do tues and weds night

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Ken Shabby wrote:
    So stay away from Reidy's unless you want to catch blogging.

You say that like it's a bad thing to catch....

OK, wednesday cinema dealie is for the Gate's 9 o'clock showing of Ice Age 2.

I reckon we may as well meet up beforehand (between 7:30 and 8:00) and go for food/coffee/beers, in that order of preference. Which throws up the question of where to go. Unless anyone has any fantastic suggestions, I say Le Cheile because it's next door.

What's the preference for the pre-film aperitif: food, coffee or beer?

• Advertisement

well i like le cheile's a lot, and they do food before eight, icecream for most of the evening, and they do a variety of coffee.

and the down side, after four years of drinking there they've decided to start asking me for id, grrrrrrrrrr

one word; Hoegaarden.

rymus wrote:
    one word; Hoegaarden.
    Dont suppose you'd like to give us another word to explain that one?

Google?

its a belgian beer served in a hexagonal glass, i think they sell it in the mutton lane too. i dont much like beer

Those wacky Belgians and their hexagonal glasses and freeform jazz....

apart from waffles and chocolate, not a whole lot of interestingness came outta belgium.

ppl up for drinkies after cinema too?

JohnK wrote:
    Dont suppose you'd like to give us another word to explain that one?

Heavenly

So you like it then do you? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Why yes, I am quite partial. Only if it comes with a lemon wedge though

Advertisement