Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with fan connections

Options
  • 28-03-2006 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭

I have a load of fans without the connections, where and how do I get the nessicary plugs?And how do I put them on.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

I think radionics have them, but I cant find them, Im looking too, Did you buy the Delta fans too?:D

I think the tech term for them is a female IDC connector

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

You could always buy the cables in maplin or likes and cut the connectors off then wire them up to your fans :confused:
    Not sure if this is what your looking for though?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Sounds like a plan, my other one was to scavange old fans and fleece their "female IDC connector".

Why not just use a standard molex connector?

I read somewhere that the 120 mm Delta fans draw more current than the small mobo connectors can supply........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

They're loud aswell so im thinking a fan controller might be a good option. Serious CFM from them though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

You can buy the bits that go inside the molex connectors here and you can get the actual molex/3pin connectors here .Their shipping is really fast and cheap, there really east to put togeather and they look cool too, hope that helps.

CC

Thanks CombatCow, I just got the deltas for the laugh, I know that they will be savagely loud, they are rated for 220CFM at 65db:eek:

If they are extremely loud even on 7volt, I will flog them on ebay;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Yea I have them plugged into a molex until my fan controller arrives, not excessively loud but you definitley notice it.

Advertisement