Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oral - get any "sticky" questions?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

O...kay then. You're an odd person. But yeah, either a complete troll or scarily arrogant.

na its more like hes a pussy in real life and on the net hes trying to seem like someone that he clearly is not.....................................
    thats my 2 cents and I know im right peeps;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

fatal wrote:
    na its more like hes a pussy in real life and on the net hes trying to seem like someone that he clearly is not.....................................
    thats my 2 cents and I know im right peeps;)

dammit, my cover is blown. im here to maximise my points by any means necessary, not to make friends.

i don't need disposable friends to make me feel loved ;)

smemon wrote:
    dammit, my cover is blown. im here to maximise my points by any means necessary, not to make friends.

i don't need disposable friends to make me feel loved ;)

Friends..........who mentioned anything about making them here
    Now that you mentioned it, you might not need "disposable" friends.........but attention maybe?
    By sitting on the net and having 1400+ posts doesnt really show that you are gonna be doin much next October.Have fun serving me my big mac and fries when im in uni next October:D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

smemon wrote:
    not to make friends.
    No need to worry about that happening, I assure you.

Incidentally, Bealtriail 0 R4ph 1. Great examiner and no nasty questions. I had one iffy one about what I thought of polotics, but I just went on about the health system and how stupid it is that Mary Harney is minister for health.

fatal wrote:
    By sitting on the net and having 1400+ posts doesnt really show that you are gonna be doin much next October.Have fun serving me my big mac and fries when im in uni next October:D.

smemon's average posts per day = 1.53
    fatal's average posts per day =2.18

i take it your doing ordinary maths ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Argh, sorry, but please, "you're" not "your". [/pedantic]

Hope everyone's orals are going well so far.. one down, one to go!

Argh, sorry, but please, "you're" not "your". [/pedantic]

yes miss :rolleyes: *throws eyes to heaven behind aoibheann's back.

your so picky :D;)

smemon wrote:
    yes, i recognise class when i see it, even if it is my own work :p if nobody else will praise me, i will! what examiner won't be in awe at that? not 1. it's a whow tactic, stun the examiner and leave them thinking - then they tend to forget more about what else your saying.

oozing arrogance..

it's all a little too much for me..

smemon wrote:

You won't get that A in English if you're going to ignore grammar. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

Ive had german so far!went wel i think!my general questions were great no surprises - got the old past tense question and futer so hopefully got full marks in the old general questions! Did anyone else jus hav the nicest examiner ever!mine wz d best! i got d fekin picture i hate but i jus did it as u do!tá me ag caint as gailge anois mar tá mo scrudu béal triali de Mairt! its so hard to tnk in irish cuz up to now ive jus been doin stupid german!!ahh

• Advertisement

Had an awful cow of an examiner, which I probably said already! One of the girls was lucky enough to have the inspector in too, so the examiner had to be all nice and friendly. Asked some awkward questions..

Irish on Tuesday here too, you're right, I keep thinking in German too. Fluent german right after my exam of course! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

My German isn't until next thursday fortunately, hope it goes ok. Unfortunately I'm still thinking in Irish after the Irish oral, I can't get it out of my head!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

viel gluck!ná bi ag burtha!u kno wat my irish is seriously down d drain at d mo!!wenever i try to speak i keep sayin und or ja or nein!!

this all works to my advantage... everyone getting mixed up in languages....this week it's unbelievable how many people have said 'huit' to an irish question!

im loving every minute of it. i dont do foreign languages so can focus 100% on irish, maximise my results in it and overtake french and german students with my substitute subject (geography).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭UU

Bonsoir! :D

Oh, I had my French Oral last Monday. It was fine and really easy (then again I'm naturally gifted at it!) Anyway, advice to anyone doing French - DO A DOCUMENT! - I really mean it. I did one on my holiday in Brittany and the examiner just let my ramble on about it for four minutes at the end. I was able to learn off what I intended to say and could remember it. Also, I didn't get ask any hard questions really as I was able to expand on all my answers - that ensures less questions will be asked. The key to a good oral is when the student is speaking more than the examiner. My examiner was so nice and I was very polite to her and asked her "Comment allez-vous?". Although, she asked me what my favourite food was but I had prepared that already and not a single abstract topic! Two girls were asked about their piercings - Pauvre-elles!

I have my Irish oral on Monday. I'm not too good at Irish unfortunately but will get by by doing some study.

Bonne chance tout le monde! ;)

smemon: They've said eight? o_0

I'd rather have a foreign language, some things require it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭UU

Ha! I think that smemon has his head stuck up his arse! Languages are very important to get a place in college. I hope that he fails his oral Irish exam because he is very mean and puts other people down!

UU wrote:
    Ha! I think that smemon has his head stuck up his arse! Languages are very important to get a place in college. I hope that he fails his oral Irish exam because he is very mean and puts other people down!

yeah they're very important if you going to universities, but im not so i didnt need them. unlike most people, my decision making was flawless in 3rd year and as a result i'll have maximised my results come august :D

as for irish, if i turn up for the oral i'll pass. ive everything planned to military precision and have links to all areas. it's virtually impossible for me to fail. however, i admire your enthusiasm towards me failing.

i dont put other people down, i just put me up :p

smemon wrote:

fatal's total posts=18
    smemon's total posts=1500

speaks for itself doesn't it;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

I had a bast of an examiner. Started off grand enough, until I foolishishly mentioned that I was planning on studying history and politics in college. Then, bam! What do you think of the riots in France? In Dublin? What do you think of the relationship between Winston Churchill and Eamonn De Valera? What do you think of players diving in football? What do you think of Michael McDowell?

It wouldn't have been so bad, but I had planned an escape route if he ventured into politics involving the pressure of the Leaving Cert, which I thought was foolproof. So I prepared nothing on politics. But it didn't even remotely work and I was left to rely on my own standard of Irish. Ah well, better luck next time.

• Advertisement

smemon wrote:
    yeah they're very important if you going to universities, but im not so i didnt need them. unlike most people, my decision making was flawless in 3rd year and as a result i'll have maximised my results come august :D

as for irish, if i turn up for the oral i'll pass. ive everything planned to military precision and have links to all areas. it's virtually impossible for me to fail. however, i admire your enthusiasm towards me failing.

this is not quite proper English, but you're a real sap..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

smemon wrote:

if you're not goin to university then why are you bursting your arse to get your precious A1 anyway?

Garret wrote:
    if you're not goin to university then why are you bursting your arse to get your precious A1 anyway?

if we're all going to die anyday now, why do people spend years in uni and college........even school? why do we even get up in the morning?

i have my pride to fight for. i set my own standards and will endeavor to achieve and surpass them.
    Garret wrote:
    fatal's total posts=18

speaks for itself doesn't it

eh....not quite. your a noOb, here like less than a month. ive been here about 32 months, just the 31 months in it :rolleyes:

anyway how does this add to the discussion? the fact your basing your arguements on assumptions and not facts like me, then trying to defend them is a tad boring for me :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Meh, I'm in 5th year..but some of my friends got asked what the pay in Intel is like (Intel being in Leixlip, ja) and how msn works...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

Irish, i was talking about how my fave subject is History and then the bitch asks me what period of history is my favourite and why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

smemon wrote:
    if we're all going to die anyday now, why do people spend years in uni and college........even school? why do we even get up in the morning?

i have my pride to fight for. i set my own standards and will endeavor to achieve and surpass them.

eh....not quite. your a noOb, here like less than a month. ive been here about 32 months, just the 31 months in it :rolleyes:

anyway how does this add to the discussion? the fact your basing your arguements on assumptions and not facts like me, then trying to defend them is a tad boring for me :cool:

The point about dying was excellent! I always wonder that myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

My god, are the orals making people mad? Let's stop going off point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

it was fatal that said:
    fatal's total posts=18

speaks for itself doesn't it

not me

Garret wrote:
    it was fatal that said:

not me

my apologies!! :o i blame the stress of the leaving cert and orals :p my mind is fried atm :)
    NADA wrote:

why thank you :) yes indeed. what's it all for? why do we bother doing anything when we're all going to die anyway! however, we can't live life if we don't earn it ;)

if everyone had that 'ah sure i could die tomorrow' attitude, we'd have no computers, cars, double glazing windows, airplanes, fridges, kettles, boards.ie etc...

• Advertisement

NADA wrote:

get off his dick will you:D

Advertisement