Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AIB on line banking on Apple Ibooks

• 28-03-2006 8:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭

Im just wondering does anyone know does AIB on line banking work on I Book g4?

Comments

The ordinary online banking should be fine in Safari or Firefox. But the online business banking I think will only work on a PC with Internet Explorer and the Java VM (Microsoft, not Sun).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,751 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Yeah. The business banking needs IE for definite-not sure about the standard banking-I think it may also need Java.

I used my standard internet banking in Firefox (Windows) last night. It doesn't need Java.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭tech

hmm so If my friend buys and I book they wont be able to use there Business on line banking.... this is a major draw back ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

personal banking works fine, I'd imagine business does as well, theres always a work around, you can get IE for OSX as well(older 4.7 version)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

zabbo wrote:
    personal banking works fine, I'd imagine business does as well, theres always a work around, you can get IE for OSX as well(older 4.7 version)
    But MS JVM isn't meant to be distributed anymore.
    A quick glance at AIB's website suggests that FireFox is supported.

My recommendation: contact AIB and try get facts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

I have a client who bought a PC solely for the use of AIB business banking online.

That said, it was two years ago, but as the guys said, better check for certain that it works with Mac. Due to the secuity invloved, its more than just the browser that comes into play

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

You needed MSJava the last time I checked (Monday)

It don't come with XP and Microsoft no longer supply it on their site so you have to download it from a third party site. AIB don't offer it as a download either. You are looking for version 3805. There is a patch to version 3810 on microsofts site which you can put on top of that.

AIB's support line is 1890 42 22 42

Oh and you need to disable SUN java in options , advanced too

EDIT - MSJVM is needed for https://ibusinessbanking1.aib.ie/index.html - business banking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

So basically if you want to do it from your iBook, you need virtual PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I've used the standard AIB Internet Banking on Firefox/IE on PC and Firefox/Safari on MAC.

No issues at all :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement