Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getbroadband.ie info and Magnet Entertainment Competition

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭steve-o

I don't have any problem with Abc1 running a business and making a profit. The site may be "independent", but it is not unbiased. Some major providers are missing (but we are told Smart will be added). The price-based rankings are biased towards providers that have short-term discounts, and I couldn't find a way of ranking them on real cost over the longer term. While that information is there, comparing them requires clicking on every deal and doing some maths. I'm not alleging that the bias is intentional, but it is there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

My bugs with the site are not fixed.

1) You have to do TWO click and change default to include line rental in ranking and show line rental

2) It shows things available that are not.

3) When you change area the Price and Rental reset to the original default.

4) Still does not indicate if the BB provides real phone, basic VOIP or enhanced VOIP that allows Fax and possibly Alarm etc.

The default settings unrealistically favour Magnet.

The DEFAULT must include Line rental and show Line rental or else the site continues to be totally misleading to user that has not had BB.

Magnet's IPTV service while innovative and can no doubt improve is currenty increadibly inferior to FREE non-subscription satellite, NTL Digital MMDS and NTL/Chorus digital Cable. It takes at least half the BB bandwidth and is only available on the unbundled line using ADSL2 and closer to exhchange than limit for broadband on its own.

Price ranking should ABSOLUTELY not include short tem discounts, though these can be mentioned separately beside the price. Price Ranking MUST include line rental or other fixed overhead charges by default (like NTL analog TV package MUST be bought for NTL BB).

Each box should also show the Cap.

For my area it misses two wireless providers and lists 8 DSL packages. There is no dsl here. Entry of the phone number confirms this.

Of course they get someting for the referrals. I have no problem with that as long as the site is accurate and unbiased. It isn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Abc1 wrote:
    The quote by seaside has no evidence to back it up, is completely unfounded and is in fact a wild allegation :)

You should sue him then
    To Answer your question Damien..

.. blah ... blah .. blah .. blah

I hope this answers your question.

It answers what you liked the question to be. But the way you answered my question has instead answered another question I was thinking about. Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

uRbaN wrote:
    All the nabs that are whining that its not independent, I sugggest u make a site with the holistic uncapitalistic notions you have, that offers a free service, and come back and post the ip. gl with that.

Kinda like this??

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054860598

Advertisement