Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestlemania 22 predictions

• 28-03-2006 9:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

I've read Lance Storm's predictions for Wrestlemania 22 and seeing as most of the matches appear to be set, I figured we should predict the outcomes and see if anybody gets it 100% right. I find this year's WM looks quite boring so I wouldn't be surprised to see someone get everything spot-on. Anyway here are my predictions:

Kurt Angle vs Randy Orton vs Rey Mysterio (World Championship)

I'm hoping this closes the show as the Rumble winner should be in the final match at Mania. I think Rey will become the World Heavyweight Champion by pinning Orton as it makes sense storyline-wise since Orton has had the better of Rey and has made remarks about Eddie.

John Cena vs Triple H (WWE Title)

The king goes back on his throne (yawn). Triple H to win, probably through cheating though it wouldn't surprise me if he won cleanly. I also expect Cena to be booed out of the building.

Vince McMahon vs Shawn Michaels (No holds barred)

Bret will come down and beat up the both of them then Earl Hebner will run down and get beaten up too. Nah, just kidding. I think Vince will ensure someone gets involved like he did at WM19 when Piper interfered in the match with Hogan. I think Austin might show up during the match if Shawn gets beat down. I definitely see HBK winning the match as he has an awful WM record and I don't see him losing three in a row at Mania.

Money in the Bank ladder match

I definitely think a Raw guy will win it. Either Flair or Van Dam, but I'm going for Van Dam.

Edge vs Mick Foley (Hardcore match)

I actually expect this match to steal the show and I think Edge will win with Foley putting him over cleanly.

Taker vs Mark Henry

Does anyone actually believe Mark Henry has a hope in hell of winning this one? Expect Daivari to interfere but it will be 14-0 by the end of the night.

Chris Benoit vs JBL (US Title)

I think JBL will want a good match after his stinker with Cena last year and I think this will be a good, hard-hitting match. I expect Benoit to win with JBL tapping out.

Kane and Big Show vs Carlito and Chris Masters (World Tag Titles)

I expect Kane and Big Show's long reign to come to an end at WM22.

Trish Stratus vs Mickie James (Women's championship)

I think this feud will continue for a little while longer into Backlash so I think Trish will retain at WM but she'll lose the strap in a month.

Boogeyman vs Booker T and Sharmell

Poor Booker deserves a better match than this. I'd love for Booker to beat this joke but I think he and his wife will end up taking a face full of worms instead.

Torrie Wilson vs Candice (Playboy Pillow Fight)

I expect a technical masterpiece. OK, not really. I can honestly say I don't give a damn which bimbo comes out on top. I'm just hoping that MNM aren't kept off the card for this tripe.

I don't really think this will be a great Wrestlemania. I think the best they can hope for is that it will be looked on the same way as WM19, decent but not spectacular.

Your predictions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

i expect rey to win and hold til angle takes it back at summerslam, if there's a 619 rey deserves to lose.
    trip has to win, if not for political reasons then to save the dignity of the strap
    michaels won't lose his third wm in a row, he lost to kurt, benoit, and although he won at xix against y2j was left lieing in the ring beaten afterwards, the only interference i expect is from shane o mac
    defo a raw guy shelton rvd and flair are there or thereabouts in the main title picture, would be wasted on a sd man as they are all midcarders now.
    classic written all over it, again i expect foley to lose, he has nothing to do with any momentum to be gained from a win, whereas edge losing to a washed up old fart would further hurt his damaged career after abusing him as a transitional champ, a metaphorical andrex to wipe cenas arse for him.
    Taker vs Mark Henry
    i expect Fat Albert to get buried
    not sure but would love to see a rivalry start here that sees the belt constantly changing hands over the year
    too much build up for masters and carlito not to win
    not worth a damn, especailly if trish uses that "hang on while i bend over backwards " move, it takes about 4 seconds to pull off, most people would just kick her, but oh no everyone falls for it and throws a pointless clothesline over her (a good three seconds late too i might add).
    the boogeyman character is intriguing if not brilliant in the ring, but booker can carry him, i expect a light hearted very good match with booker eventually putting his demons to bed
    insult to the fans, the sweaty palmed teenagers will lap it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I don't really think this will be a great Wrestlemania. I think the best they can hope for is that it will be looked on the same way as WM19, decent but not spectacular.

Your predictions?

Predictions later, but I thought WM19 was a very good show. We had Rock Vs Austin, HBK Vs Y2J, Hardy Vs Mysterio and a main event of Angle Vs Lesnar. Now Im sure everyone will agree that nothing on the shítty card for this years mania comes close to any of those matches.

This will be the worst Wrestlemania since WM16, and possibly the worst since WM12 when Bam Bam Bigelow and Lawrence Taylor Main Evented.

I hope Im wrong, i really do.

Just on the predictions as well - which face will turn heel, or heel turn face. There is one almost every year at Mania (except last year). Any guesses as who will turn this year?

Im reckoning a double turn in the Trips/Cena match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

i hope rey wins.... cause to be honest i dont want orton to win that would be just an absolute disaster part 2 :rolleyes:

triple h to return to his throne. :D sweet... plus i dont think triple h will really want to lose 3 times in a row at the main event. and at least change the title belt..... seriously it's losing it's status.

i hope shawn wins. there will be interferences, but not bret hart. seriously i've heard this every wrestlemania... maybe austin might interference and shane o mac.

cant decide, between lashley, rvd or flair.

this match should be awesome.... would really like to see foley win...

Taker vs Mark Henry

taker all the way. :rolleyes: not going to be taker's greatest match.... but 14-0 record win for wrestlemania :D

benoit all the way, expect a good match, with jbl tapping of course

time for the giants to be killed.

dont care to be honest, but mickie will win

boogeyman to win.... poor oul booker and sharmell to eat worms

bathroom break ether that or a 2 minute nap.... and yeah it's sad that mnm are not going to be even in wrestlemania.....

While I think Rey is going to win this one, I really hope Angle does the business here and retains. His Wrestlemania record is poor, and a loss here would hurt him big time. However, with the whole Eddie storyline between Orton and Rey, I expect Rey to come out on top, thus making this Wrestlemania stupid.

Cena will retain here. I see a double turn here. The WWE are aware that the audiences are not taking to Cena, and at this point are downright sick of him. They cannot jeprodise this guy so early in his career by keeping him face for too long, thereby killing his career to come. The WWE want a Wrestlemania main event to be Orton Vs Cena, so he is the major player here. I think Vince and Shane will come down during this match, after the inevitable ref bump, making it look like they are their to help Trips. This isnt the case, and a new corporation of sorts is begun, with the new franchise of John Cena leading. Storyline reason is they were sick of HHH thinking he is all that etc.

HBK will win this. There will be alot of interference here. I know Ive said before it wont be Austin, but I can see him getting involved as they need at least one half decent pop on the night.

I rally dont want any of the competitors to win this.

RVD because i dont like him (unless he goes back to being ECW RVD)

Flair because he is past it

Shelton because its too early for him to even go near main eventing

Lashley, see above

Finlay, as this would be totally unrealistic

Hardy, because he has no momentum going into this. However, of the candidates, he is the one I would most like win. That said, it will be RVD to get the win.

How can you win a hardcore match cleanly? :p Edge to win this to keep his unblemished Mania record. Probaly will be a good match will plenty bumps.

Taker vs Mark Henry

No comment.

This will be the match of the night. I think JBL will win this, freeing Benoit to go into the main event scene.

The rest I dont really want to comment on. The tag match might be good, and the womens might actually have some wrestling in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I'd like to see Angle win, cos he's the best there is, but storylines suggest Rey will win. However, my gut feeling is that Orton will win for some reason. Should be a decent match

Triple H to win amid some kind of controversy. Whether Cena will turn heel now or later is the question

Shawn to win, interference guaranteed

RVD to win, maybe cash it in for the ECW ppv?

I've been liking Edge for the first time ever this year. I'm expecting something special, considering they were good friends when Mick was full time with WWE. Edge to win

Taker vs Mark Henry

Taker to win, obviously

Benoit to win, should be a solid match

I think Kane and Show will retain

I also think Trish will retain

Booker to win, through some sort of cheating

Candice to win. Not that I care. Funny the way she said on Leno that she'd be fighting for the title at WM. Poor girl

• Advertisement

i though candice had a title match at one point for wrestlemania...... and then it changed..... what happened there??? although i'm not complaining since we might actually get a half decent match from trish and mickie james

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

gimmick wrote:
    Predictions later, but I thought WM19 was a very good show. We had Rock Vs Austin, HBK Vs Y2J, Hardy Vs Mysterio and a main event of Angle Vs Lesnar. Now Im sure everyone will agree that nothing on the shítty card for this years mania comes close to any of those matches.

Maybe I'm being harsh on WM19 but I thought WM17 and WM18 had given us great moments and I didn't feel WM19 did that. Maybe it was the botched Lesnar shooting star that ruined it for me, I don't know. I thought HBK vs Y2J was a classic but everything else...meh.

I remember really looking forward to alot of the WM19 matches though but I don't feel that way about this year's event. I'm really interested in seeing whether they will deliver or not.

i though candice had a title match at one point for wrestlemania...... and then it changed..... what happened there??? although i'm not complaining since we might actually get a half decent match from trish and mickie james

Candice won a number 1 contenders match on Raw about 5 weeks ago, but she got her title shot the next week. It's just funny that she had been saying in mainstream interviews that she'd be challenging for the title at WM

I enjoyed WM19. If only Jay-Z had shown up, I was actually a fan of Cena's back then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

Its gotta be Rey. The winner of the rumble has gone on to win the title for the last 4 or 5 years and I dont see that pattern changing.

Triple H to win, putting him onto 11. I think Cena will turn heel the night after.

Shawn for sure but Im not sure how. This one is toughest to call.

Fozzy were on the same wave length, Van Dam will win and beat whoever at One Night Stand. Guaranteed.

Edge to win. Foley is too sound for it to happen any other way. This will put Edge back into the title picture, where he will beat the now face Triple H, then drop the strap to Van Dam at ONS.

Taker vs Mark Henry

Mark Henry will NEVER be seen again after this. Where was the last place you saw Heyman on WWE TV... the bottom of a casket.

As much as I like him, JBL has had his day, or 10 months, in the sun. Benoit to win.

Time for new blood. Carlito and Masters are a good together and deserve the titles. The question is where do the Big Show and Kane go from here? Heat hopefully.

Should be a great match. Hopefully Mickey wins, but the feud definately will run for a good while yet.

Couldnt care less.
    Sharmell to pin Boogeyman.

We can just pray for a wardrobe malfunction during this piece of ****.
    Ill pick Candice cos her Playboy is still in the shops.

Maybe I'm being harsh on WM19 but I thought WM17 and WM18 had given us great moments and I didn't feel WM19 did that. Maybe it was the botched Lesnar shooting star that ruined it for me, I don't know. I thought HBK vs Y2J was a classic but everything else...meh.

I remember really looking forward to alot of the WM19 matches though but I don't feel that way about this year's event. I'm really interested in seeing whether they will deliver or not.

that botched shooting star lesnar did ruined the whole damn match:mad: remember watching it and thinking you idiot.... to big to do a move like that :rolleyes:

i think show or kane will turn on each other after thier match and we'll have a little rivalry for the nxt couple of months

• Advertisement

Lesnar was right to go for the Shooting Star, he had used it a bit in OVW, I think the occasion just got to him. Dont say he ruined the match, he nearly broke his neck and then got up and gave Angle the F5. Awesome effort by the guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Gotta ask, why does everyone seem to be against Cena??? Last thing I'd like to see if Triple H taking the title again.

Cena sucks

OK he doesnt suck completely but everyone is sick to the teeth of him. The only logical thing to do with him is to turn him heel. Heres where the problem starts. Cena is an excellent heel which means he's gonna win the crowd over eventually and become face again and were back to where we are now, giving out about Cena as a good guy. I really think he's set for a career in limbo.

Does this make sense?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Hopefully Rey to win.

Triple H. I'm hoping there'll be some kind of double switch here with HHH becoming face too, think he needs a face turn to freshen up the character.

Vince to win I think, unless Bret Hart runs in to screw him.

RVD or Matt Hardy, don't think either one has anything much going on at all.

Probably Edge.

Taker vs Mark Henry
    Undertaker.

Benoit to keep the belt.

Kane and Big show to win, with Cade and Murdoch interfering for the carlito and masters.

Mickey to win.

Boogeyman wins, Booker T gets a title shot in the not to distant future.

why are people predicting a HHH face turn, HHH doesn't work as a face, now granted cena could be turned heel and after losing a rematch at backlash will move out of the title run to start a feud with some other face, but, trip as a good guy doesn't work, remember january 2002 he had just come back from the operation and was ridiculously over as a face, however by the time we got to WM he wasn't as popular and just a few weeks later after switching to raw he turns on michaels becomes a heel again and the crowd instantly loves him again, more than anyone in WWE today HHH was born to play a heel he's the best they have.

^ While I dont disagree with you, a trips baby turn is needed for his character. He has been a heel since Summer 2002, and while he is doing well, I dont think anyone cares anymore, so as said above its just to freshen him up. Turn him face until Summerslam then heel him again.

The heel turn I would love to see most happen is Mysterio to turn. IMO, the perfect oppurtunity was when he lost the match at NWO to Orton. He could have taken the line that he tried so hard for everyone, but no one cared, now he will only look out for himself.

Of course it is also highly possible that Angle could turn as well, in order to get Myseterio more over. he has been something of a 'tweener' recently, and would like to see him a fully fledged heel sooner or later.

i mentioned this fleetingly in another thread, someone mentioned JR was back for WM, and i go to thinking, it might be a way to send him out on top, if he were to somehow interfere in the mcmahon hbk match, not directly but maybe if shane is interfering and comes out for a chair and hears jr giving out and starts threatening him, and jr uses the bell hammer on him or something, but it would be a great way to redress the way JR left the tv a while ago, vince can't have missed the furore it caused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

I've read Lance Storm's predictions for Wrestlemania 22 and seeing as most of the matches appear to be set, I figured we should predict the outcomes and see if anybody gets it 100% right. I find this year's WM looks quite boring so I wouldn't be surprised to see someone get everything spot-on. Anyway here are my predictions:

I'm hoping this closes the show as the Rumble winner should be in the final match at Mania. I think Rey will become the World Heavyweight Champion by pinning Orton as it makes sense storyline-wise since Orton has had the better of Rey and has made remarks about Eddie.

The king goes back on his throne (yawn). Triple H to win, probably through cheating though it wouldn't surprise me if he won cleanly. I also expect Cena to be booed out of the building.

Bret will come down and beat up the both of them then Earl Hebner will run down and get beaten up too. Nah, just kidding. I think Vince will ensure someone gets involved like he did at WM19 when Piper interfered in the match with Hogan. I think Austin might show up during the match if Shawn gets beat down. I definitely see HBK winning the match as he has an awful WM record and I don't see him losing three in a row at Mania.

I definitely think a Raw guy will win it. Either Flair or Van Dam, but I'm going for Van Dam.

I actually expect this match to steal the show and I think Edge will win with Foley putting him over cleanly.

Taker vs Mark Henry

Does anyone actually believe Mark Henry has a hope in hell of winning this one? Expect Daivari to interfere but it will be 14-0 by the end of the night.

I think JBL will want a good match after his stinker with Cena last year and I think this will be a good, hard-hitting match. I expect Benoit to win with JBL tapping out.

I expect Kane and Big Show's long reign to come to an end at WM22.

I think this feud will continue for a little while longer into Backlash so I think Trish will retain at WM but she'll lose the strap in a month.

Poor Booker deserves a better match than this. I'd love for Booker to beat this joke but I think he and his wife will end up taking a face full of worms instead.

I expect a technical masterpiece. OK, not really. I can honestly say I don't give a damn which bimbo comes out on top. I'm just hoping that MNM aren't kept off the card for this tripe.

Your predictions?
    Is this the final card for WM22?? Wasnt there a match on no.1 contenders match on velocity last week for the CW tital shot at WM22???

Is this the final card for WM22?? Wasnt there a match on no.1 contenders match on velocity last week for the CW tital shot at WM22???

There was indeed, a great match which Paul London won. I'd say that match will be on HEAT before WM.
    It's too soon to take the title off Helms, so I reckon he will lose by DQ and start a feud with London which better last a while, resulting in London taking the title and setting up a challenge from Kendrick, giving me a match I've wanted to see for quite some time now.:D

I don't think it was for WM. Helms has been told not to wrestle for 6-8 weeks because of his broken nose. I can't imagine there being more than 11 matches in 4 hours, maybe the cruisers will get on Heat though

• Advertisement

Its a shame Helms got injured cos that title match would be great to get the crowd going before Mania itself started. Im sure they will have London & Kendrick against Noble & Kash on HEAT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

Well I don't really care who wins this one as I hate mysterio, he's a great high flyer but I dont watch wrestling to see the little guy win. Ortan has improved alot lately but he's not good enough to be world champion. I think angle will retatain.

Triple H. End of Story. I just hope the sob doesn't make John look really really bad and bury him for the rest of his carear. I hate HHH.

HBK. Vince can't wrestle. Shane will be involved probably

RVD is the young guy, I'd rather see him win cuz it would be good for his career.

Edge will win by cheating.

Taker vs Mark Henry
    Undertaker. No point even watching this joke of a contest.

Benoit.

Give the young guys the push and let them use every trick in the book to win.

I think Mickie should win but I suspect the wwe will let trish win at wrestlemania for being a good champion for the last year,

I hope booker wins, it would be too much of an insult to lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,803 ✭✭✭Trampas

gimmick wrote:
    Predictions later, but I thought WM19 was a very good show. We had Rock Vs Austin, HBK Vs Y2J, Hardy Vs Mysterio and a main event of Angle Vs Lesnar.

Was that the 1st and only time Lesnar tried a moonsault off the top rope as he came crashing down on his head

Yeah, he tried a Shooting Star Press. Unbelievably nasty landing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Trampas wrote:
    Was that the 1st and only time Lesnar tried a moonsault off the top rope as he came crashing down on his head
    yea i was watchin it live and it was digusting...
    he did it and the first thing i said was..."thats it...broken neck".......The guy is so goddamn lucky to have got away with a concusion i think it was....

elvis2002 wrote:

Edge will win by cheating.

how can u cheat in a hardcore match??? theres no rules

lmao!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Angle V Orton V Mysterio

Tough one to call IMO, couple of weeks ago i thought no way in hell would they put the strap on Rey, now im not so sure. I still dont think he will win it though, i think Orton has gotten too many things over both Angle and Rey last couple of weeks to win the title as well, dosent always work that way i know but i think its Kurt retaining here.

Winner : Angle

Triple H v Cena

One of 2 no-brainers here i think, Trips to take the title from Cena. I know a lot of people here dont like Cena at all, but i believe since Rock theres noone with more charisma than Cena in WWE, and he isnt as bad a wrestler as some people say he is, he's decent enough. Hope they keep the push on Cena afterwards too and going back to his rapper gimmick, if you started watching WWE last 2 months or so you wouldnt even think that was his character. But Trips to win this one

Winner : Triple H

Undertaker V Mark Henry

The other no-brainer in this years Mania. I hate the whole thing around Undertaker winning every Wrestlemania, is he gonna take this record until he retires ??? I hope not, whats the point in watching a Wrestlemania match when your almost certain you know whos gonna win ? Id actually love to see Henry win, course it wont happen. Taker keeps up his precious W'Mania record.

Winner : Taker

Money in the Bank

RVD V Lashley V Benjamin V Flair V Hardy V Finlay

Ok first of all, Benjamin, Hardy and Finlay arent gonna win this match, i also believe Lashley isnt gonna win it either, he hasnt over impressed me in the ring really,has barely talked on the mic and hasnt any long matches really - title shot within a year.......i dont think so and he's certainly no Lesnar with whom he's been compared with, in time he'll improve im sure though. So that leaves RVD and Flair, been pretty interested in Flairs last couple of promos last couple of weeks on Raw, i kinda thought he might win it, but now i think RVD will take it, ok RVD hasn't been near his best at all, but he isn't long back at all really, and in the big matches he's always delivered. I think Mr.Monday Night will be Mr.Wrestlemania this sunday

Winner : RVD

Trish Stratus V Mickey James

I think they will continue this story line after Mania so i think Mickey James will win it, it has been one of the best storylines last couple of months on Raw, im looking forward to what should be a very good womens match, hope they give it time too. Amazing what an original enough idea can do eh, WWE writers take notice in the future.

Winner : Mickey James

JBL v Benoit

Poor JBL i think has kind of fallen in between the cracks of WWE storylines, it sums it all up really that the PPV before Wrestlemania (Saturday Nights Main Event) there was no sign of his Mania opponent, a very put together match really. Besides the Booker T feud and even then unfortunately Booker got injured, Benoit has been totally totally wasted in WWE for about a year now. I think JBL has something to offer definitely, one of the best promo guys there is right now, and today that counts for a lot. I actually think JBL will win this one and take the title.

Winner : JBL

Vince V HBK

Think most people know HBK's worload will be cut down a lot after Wrestlemania so i think Vince will win based on this strong rumour. I do think something big will happen though, a run-in, a huge bump, a turn by Shane i dont know but i have a feeling that Vince will take a big bump basically only because it hasnt really been done before. Had this crazy idea that Test would interfere and cost Vince the match to get back at Shane from a couple of years ago but no i think that idea is pretty far fetched. Tough one to call i think HBK could win basically because its been a month of Vince torturing HBK so he's bound to win sometime, but i think Vince could take it.

Winner : Vince

Booker T V Boogeyman

Boogeyman to win this match by performing a shooting star from the................haha no definitely not. Id fancy Booker T to win this one maybe by playing Boogeyman at his own game, getting someone to dress up as Boogeyman or something i dont know. I think theres gonna be a big worm stunt though (never thought id ever say that in the WWE...........well actually no follows the last couple of years events perfectly ), maybe a load falling from the ceiling or something

Winner : Booker T

Edge V Mick Foley

What did Edge do to make Vince mad, he goes from WWE champ to being in a hardcore match with Foley, i dont mean like Foley is rubbish or anything like that, i just mean he's gonna take a big bump or 2 tonight. Think tonight could be the night that Lita leaves Edge's side, been hinted at but never acted upon. I think solely on reputation on wrestlers wrestling full time, i dont see Edge losing this one. Never bought him as a champion but i think he'll go over Foley on sunday.

Winner : Edge

Big Show and Kane v Carlito and Masters

4 single wrestlers wrestling in a tag team match in Wrestlemania..... 2 of them the WWE hopes will be the future........the other 2 former WWE champions...........says it all about the state of tag teams on Raw. I think The Cool Masterpieces ( yes i just made that up) wont win it, basically because theres so many better things the WWE could do with both of them, even with Masters who isnt the best wrestler but they've pushed him too much not to just go and squash him out of existence. The monsters to win this one.

Winner : Big Show and Kane

Candice v Torrie

No need to even predict who wins this, hopefully we'll get our fill of good quality wrestling right before this match so we can take a break and just watch this one. Had a strange idea during the week that Sable could interfere and maybe say she was the best WWE playmate.

Winner : Guys watching :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

John Cena V Triple H: For 6 weeks now Triple H has been burying Cena and his wrestling ability. If Triple H wins where can they go with it?
    Prediction: Cena wins, Triple H wins the title at Backlash. I'm thinking of changing my mind! No I'll stick with it. It might be a rough night for Cena with that Chicago crowd though.

Orton v Angle v Rey: Rey has done alot of jobs over the past few months. Finlay, Orton, Henry and Angle. It looks like there setting him up to win. Prediction: Rey

Edge v Mick Foley: Big match for both men. I think they'll deliver.
    Prediction: Edge

Vince v Shawn: Loved the build up. This is gonna be one of the highlights of the show. Steamboat V Savage it won't be but it'll be a dramtic, entertaining match.
    Prediction: Shawn

Undertaker V Henry:How many ppv orders did this match sell? Not many I don't think.
    Prediction: Undertaker and I hope its short.

Money in the bank: I don't have a clue. Either Flair, RVD or a very outside chance Lashley but its too soon for him. I would have said RVD but its not like he's looked or he's been booked like a million dollars since he's come back. One last run for Flair? Maybe. It would be a great moment.
    Prediction: RVD, I think.

Kane and Big Show v Masters and Carlito: The titles will change hands sooner rather than later. They might hold it off for the next night on Raw to give it focus though. Or maybe not.
    Prediction: Carlito and Masters

Benoit v JBL: Curtain jerker I think. Its getting great reviews at the house shows.
    Prediction: Benoit to start to show off on a high.

Trish v Mickie: The best womans storyline since Trish and Victoria in 2002/2003. I hope they don't give it too much time. Trish is really good but Mickie has really bad days. See the disaster that was the last 3 minutes of Mickie v Diva contest winner number 2. 8 to 10 minutes is plenty.
    Prediction: Mickie

Torrie v Candice: Whatever.

• Advertisement

elvis2002 wrote:
    RVD is the young guy, I'd rather see him win cuz it would be good for his career.
    outside of flair and finlay rvd is the oldest guy in the ring, lasley is a young guy, hardy is a young guy, shelton benjamin is a young guy, at this stage rvd is a seasoned pro

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭antifyre

Trampas wrote:

Not the first time he tried it, seemingly somethin he did sometime before, but vinve had told him not to. From what I understood, if he had'nt missed it, Vince would have nearly fired him for not obeying orders....this was when they had just brought in the 'go back to old days/calm all the high spots' rules

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

WWE Champion John Cena vs. Triple H
    Triple H to win this one, they really need to take the belt off Cena and do something with his character or else he is just gonna continue to get booed!!
    Winner:Triple H

World Heavyweight Champion Kurt Angle vs. Randy Orton vs. Rey Mysterio I'd be surprised if Rey won it! I'm going for Angle to win!
    Winner:Angle

Mr. McMahon vs. Shawn Michaels (No Holds Barred Match)
    More than likely be interferrence in this match, which will probably lead to McMahon winning and HBK taking time off after WM.
    Winner:McMahon

Money in the Bank Ladder Match (Shelton Benjamin vs. RVD vs. Ric Flair vs. Finlay vs. Matt Hardy vs. Lashley)
    I think this is a hard match to call! It's between Lashley & RVD for me! Although they might have Flair win to let him win the belt again within a year.
    Winner: RVD or Lashley

Undertaker vs. Mark Henry (Casket Match)
    I doubt that Takers WM winning streak will be ended, especially not by someone like Henry!
    Winner:Undertaker

Edge vs. Mick Foley (Hardcore Match)
    Kinda torn in this match, though i think in the end Edge will win.
    Winner:Edge

United States Champion Chris Benoit vs. JBL
    Winner: Benoit

World Tag Team Champions Kane & Big Show vs. Chris Masters & Carlito I think Kane & Show could retain, I've wanted them to lose the belts for ages but now that they are finally defending. I think Carlito & Masters will win but have the titles only for a short time!
    Winner: Carlito & Masters

Women's Champion Trish Stratus vs. Mickie James
    Mickie to win this Match! She is brilliant at doing those weird stalker promos, i really hope she wins this match! Trish has had the belt over and year and it really needs to change hands! Thankfully it's not Candice in the match!!!!
    Winner:Mickie James

Boogeyman vs. Booker T & Sharmell
    Don't really care who wins this match, possibly Booker, just hope it's not another one of Boogeyman's 2 min. squash matches!!
    Winner: Boooker T & Sharmell

Candice vs Torrie in a Playboy Pillow fight
    Can you actually call this a wrestling match?! No!
    Winner:Don't care!

If The Hooliganz (London/Kendrick) have a match on Heat against MNM, i hope they do win the titles, but I'd rather it be at Wrestlemania!

The Hooliganz? Is that what theyre calling themselves or did you just make that up, cos thats pretty good!

castagnoli wrote:
    The Hooliganz? Is that what theyre calling themselves or did you just make that up, cos thats pretty good!

I wish i made it up, lol. It's what London/Kendrick are calling themselves,it has never been mentioned by commentators or announcers though! It is written on the side of their shorts.

I dont think they have been on tv enough to deserve the titles but a feud between them and MNM would be nice to see, they would make good champions. Is it too much to ask for London to get the Cruiserweight title too?!!!

• Advertisement

castagnoli wrote:
    I dont think they have been on tv enough to deserve the titles but a feud between them and MNM would be nice to see, they would make good champions. Is it too much to ask for London to get the Cruiserweight title too?!!!

Ya, I just hope they get more airtime on Smackdown to build up some kind of feud with MNM, they have already had two or three matches with them, only one being on Smackdown!

I would love to see London with the CW title again! He is the #1 contender so hopefully he'll get his title shot when Helms is back from his injury!

i'm hoping the playboy pillow fight will be first... cause that mean it's quickly out of the way and we wont have to watch tripe... paying good money to watch some excellent matches not a pillow fight between two feckin divas :mad: :mad: who cant wrestle

It would be great to see London with a bit of gold again. Does he have a new finisher since WWE stopped him doing top rope moves? I know he's been doing the standing shooting star, shades of the Amazing Red! Ironically that ban came about after Juventud broke London's cheekbone doing a 450.

castagnoli wrote:
    It would be great to see London with a bit of gold again.
    Does he have a new finisher since WWE stopped him doing top rope moves?
    I know he's been doing the standing shooting star, shades of the Amazing Red! Ironically that ban came about after Juventud broke London's cheekbone doing a 450.

It definetly would be great to see him with either Tag Team or CW Title! His finishing moves are The Get Well Soon (with Kendrick) and the Dropsault.

I love these names! The get well soon is pretty effective, and its awesome when he does the dropkick and lands the moonsault on another opponent

Anyways, were kinda going off topic here, Ill make the Official Paul London Appreciation Thread one of these days!!

Back to wrestlemania, I was looking over everyone elses predictions again and I really like gimmicks idea for Cena to win after interferance from Vince/Shane, thus setting up a new Corporation with the most hated man in wrestling spearheading it, John Cena. It would definately save Cenas career

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Corholio wrote:

Vince V HBK

Think most people know HBK's worload will be cut down a lot after Wrestlemania so i think Vince will win based on this strong rumour. I do think something big will happen though, a run-in, a huge bump, a turn by Shane i dont know but i have a feeling that Vince will take a big bump basically only because it hasnt really been done before. Had this crazy idea that Test would interfere and cost Vince the match to get back at Shane from a couple of years ago but no i think that idea is pretty far fetched. Tough one to call i think HBK could win basically because its been a month of Vince torturing HBK so he's bound to win sometime, but i think Vince could take it.

Winner : Vince
    I recall Vince taking a bump of the cage and landing awakwardly on the announce table in a match v austin a few years back and vince jumping of a ladder V hogan at WM19. Dose anyone know if you can watch heat on the PPV channel or u have to have skysports??

From the observer website-

-As far as what is going to happen at Mania, just yesterday alone, they changed major match results and finishes five times. It was crazy as Vince just kept changing his mind and the indecisiveness has made any post-Mania planning almost impossible. People involved are "losing their minds" as stressful as it has become.

Jesus whats he playing at? He should have had everything set in stone ages ago, thats madness! that kind of messing about is gonna piss alot of people off

antifyre wrote:
    Not the first time he tried it, seemingly somethin he did sometime before, but vinve had told him not to. From what I understood, if he had'nt missed it, Vince would have nearly fired him for not obeying orders....this was when they had just brought in the 'go back to old days/calm all the high spots' rules

Jesus H Christ, I have tried not to bite, but I have to now. Brock used the SSP as his finisher in OVW for quite a while before he made it into WWE. He was told hold it back simply as it was a "Wrestlemania Moment". Unfortunatley, he made a mess of it, possibly due to nerves, possibly due to bad timing.

All this anti VKM bullshít annoys me. Brock did what he was supposed to do......it just didnt work at the time. Get over it. It didnt ruin WM19, it didnt ruin that match......it was a mistake in a worked match.

If nothing else, it gave us all a talking point.......as if the match wasnt good enough in itself.

castagnoli wrote:
    Jesus whats he playing at? He should have had everything set in stone ages ago, thats madness! that kind of messing about is gonna piss alot of people off

He's playing at nothing. VKM knows exactly what he is doing, but this 'indecisisivness' is basically being used to throw the IWC, as they think they know all.

Its all speculation. Vince McMahon is a great great promoter but with different people in his ear on a continuous basis I can see his mind being changed alot. Plus Meltzer's ties go high up in the WWE and he has proven to be the most repsected journalist given his links. 25 years of publishing the leading wrestling newsletter of 20-35000 words in length does n't make you a know it but it gives you a fair bit of credibility.

Benoit was asked in an interview when did he know he would be becoming champ. He said when Triple H tapped. His point was I think that plans change on an ongoing basis and until it actually happened nothing was definate.

I can see their being alot of debate over the finshes of the 2 title matches and the MITB.

I'm not doubting that he knows what he's at, the man is a genius, and anyone who says he's not needs their head checked. Im just saying that if the wrestlers don't know whats happening it could leave a few big egos dented.

Dose anyone know if you can watch heat on the PPV channel or u have to have skysports??

They don't show the live Heat before Mania on any channel over here anymore. As for the International Heat taped before Raw, that is on Sky Sports 3 tonight before WM!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

gimmick wrote:
    Brock did what he was supposed to do......it just didnt work at the time. Get over it. It didnt ruin WM19, it didnt ruin that match......it was a mistake in a worked match.

If nothing else, it gave us all a talking point.......as if the match wasnt good enough in itself.

I have this match on tape and I've watched it a few times. Brock had hit Kurt with an F-5 and Kurt kicked out and the crowd was going nuts, then Brock hit another F-5 and instead of pinning Kurt went to the top rope to finish in a really dramatic way...but missed the move. If you watch the crowd reaction after that, the crowd went dead. Brock (now concussed) then picked up Kurt and hit him with another F-5 to win.

It was a lame way to finish the match. I liked Brock and still do but the finish was poor and ruined the encounter. If we praise wrestlers for moves they DO hit then likewise we are entitled to criticise them for moves they FAIL to hit. That's what being a fan is all about.

I respect Brock and his ability and courage but he missed the move and a wrestling match is about putting on a story but the main talking point from that match was a missed spot. In fact, it even coined a new term in wrestling - 'to Brock'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 dharney

Cena
    Orton
    HBK
    Lashley
    Taker
    Edge
    Benoit
    Masters and Carlito
    Mickie
    Candice
    Boogeyman

Hope im wrong bout Orton but i dont think i will be!
    no way taker or edge will lose. both have 100% to protect
    need new womens champ! mickie must win!
    Lashley is up-and-coming star! but flair could upset things!
    dont care bout cena/hhh
    went to so much trouble to give benoit title, they wont take it from him!
    HBK is going. vince is sh1t!
    time for kane and show to fued now!
    other 2 matches are just there to make it an 11 match show, like majority of wm of recent yrs!

• Advertisement
Advertisement