Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom House Square, IFSC

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I don't know anyone in that particular development but my friend lives above Marks & Spencers(you must know where this is) in the IFSC so I'll give his experience of the IFSC.

The IFSC becomes a ghost town on weekends and week nights. I've had hassle from chavs from Sheriff St when leaving work late on Guild Street on some nights.

In my friends apartment complex, there have been a few apartments set aside as social accomadation. There's been problems from these people robbing items in people's post boxes. The post boxes are in the apartment complex lobby and anyone can reach in any take items such as cd's from www.cdwow.ie. There's a Lithuanian security guard there now(soundest man you'll ever meet) so that problem is solved. Will there be a security guard in your complex?

I'm not putting you off living in the IFSC. But I walk down Seville Place every morning and turn the corner to go to Guild Street. There's a field and playground there and it would be at the back of your complex. A lot of the ground floor windows in the complex have their windows broken.

I jumped to the conclusion that knackers from Sheriff Street broke them. Have a look for yourself as I see it each day.

Noise wouldn't realy be a problem as NCI students won't be in your complex. Shops are a Mace and two Spars so I'd imagine that they'll be open 7-11. Both have excellent delicatessions.(spelling)

Pubs? Lagona, The Harbourmaster and The Excise Bar. I go for Lagona every time. Excellent food and always a good crowd. Jammed between 5pm-9pm Friday as office workers unwind for the weekend. Excise is okay but not impressed by their carvary. Nice bar but I wouldn't go there.
    Tbh The Harbourmaster is more of a restaurant than a pub. I thought being in a cellar under Connolly Station would be seedy but I was impressed with the Vaults. That place is massive and easy to get lost in there(especially when drunk)

Best thing about the IFSC is you're so central(10 minute walk to city centre) and you couldn't ask for better transport links(Busaras, Dart/Intercity, Luas)

Good luck with your apartment. The IFSC is a great area but just be aware of the downside

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

thanks for info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Suziblue

we moved in a few weeks ago to custom house harbour, great location, great transport, good security (we had to get special authorisation to get multi lock key for gates), nice views of river..all good so far:D

Advertisement