Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP downloads

• 28-03-2006 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

:confused: Im having trouble downloading music from a cd to my psp. I can download it but it doesnt register on my psp. What am I not doing right?
    Would appreciate advice
    Lalune

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MrSinn

It has to be in mp3 format.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Have you formatted the memory stick? The option's in system settings somewhere. Once done, when you connect to the PSP there'll be a Music folder. 1.5 only plays MP3 but I'm not sure what formats the other firmwares support...

You've actually ripped the CD yeah and not copied the .cda files... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10 LALUNE

Thanks for the help. Sinn, I have mp3 format. Dregin, have taken on board your advice, so I'll try it out. Thanks a lot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

version 2.60 also allows wma files

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

Version 2.60 imposes certain "restrictions"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭brian_boru

had same problem when starting out with my psp too, mine is 2.0, it did not recognise wma, only mp3 so had to use a converter to convert all the music (google it).

If you are still having a problem, you may have a folder inside a folder? The psp only recognises 1 folder, so store ur music like this:

Music > Oasis - Whats the story album > mp3's

also if you are having the problem with tags, ie you named your music files, but it comes up as unnamed artist, you need to tag it, real player has this option in advanced, or dbPoweramp is a cool tagger.

Advertisement