Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What expenses do I have to think about?

Options
  • 28-03-2006 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey,
    I live in Derry and I am moving out soon to my first flat/apartment.

Could a few people tell me exactly what expenses they have and roughly how much they spend weekly/monthly on them?

Thanks a lot
    John

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Thinks like food and that kind of thing maybe cheaper but I reckon this is a good enough starting point.

previous post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭mel123

John Diver wrote:
    Hey,
    I live in Derry and I am moving out soon to my first flat/apartment.

Could a few people tell me exactly what expenses they have and roughly how much they spend weekly/monthly on them?

Thanks a lot
    John

Mine are the following so they may not apply to you:
    Mortgage (obviously), heating, electricity, tv, broadband, life insurance (u will have to get this if your buying ur own place). Once a year there are things like Maintaince costs and house insurance.
    Then obviously you have your food shopping to do every week.
    U cant really base ur bill on other peoples cause there are factors you would have to consider...are u there all day and all night - ie will heating and electricity be on all day and night, how many rads have you got, how often will you be putting on your hot water.
    What myself and himself do is put away a little extra (about 20 quid each) than what we reckon our bills will be, so there is always a little bit there for those unexpected bills etc.
    Hope this helps a bit

Advertisement