Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My new toy, but I have no A on my license!

• 28-03-2006 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭

Hello

I just bought a SUZUKI MARAUDER 250cc to miss traffic on dry morning I have been looking at my provisional license and I only have B on it which I am guessing only covers me for my car.

Will I have to go and do a Theory test to get A on my license to drive the bike? I had a 100cc about 5 years back.

Any advice would be great.

http://www.suzuki.co.nz/motorcycles/bike.gallery/gz250k5.black.m.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

If you did the theory test for the B provisional then the cert is valid for the A as well. You should be able to have it added at only the cost of new phtographs AFAIK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

I got my license 6 or 7 years ago, that test was not around then, what do you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Then you have to sit the test. The A prov will then get added to your license.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,049 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Yeah sutty's right! I have a marauder250 too - i just got it in Jan and i LOVE it!! Get your licenced sorted asap so you can go cruising!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Posted in error :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,779 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

tom-thebox wrote:
    I got my license 6 or 7 years ago, that test was not around then, what do you think?

Hold on a mo: you are still using a Provisional after 6 or 7 years?? What's that about?? No wonder insurance is going through the roof.........

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Advertisement