Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Return for Minardi in '08 ??

• 28-03-2006 10:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭

Possible return to F1 for Minardi and Paul Stoddard

Personally i hope he and his team get the last slot in the 2008 championship.
    Stoddy is a breathe of fresh air to the sport with his open and honest approach to the "buisness"

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=35395

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

I love the mans determnation and drive, but if he wants to put up two year old minardi machinery he has to reconsider his idea of reality! I think a Prodrive/Ozjet colaboration might not be entirely out of the question as both have discussed their intentions of competing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Kersh

I heard Irvine might be involved. That might be ok. He has been trying for ages to spend all his money, and there is no better way than motorsport. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Stoddart should put the Minardi name to rest. Yes he was fantastic by saving the team back in 2001 but as we all know now the team has been sold, the factory has been sold so all that's left of Stoddart's Minardi is just the name and nothing else.

So if Bernie is going to limit the 2008 entries to 12 teams (I personally feel there's no reason not to allow 14 teams) there's going to be a battle of possibly 5 new teams. Stoddart and Prodrive definitely attempting to enter and Irvine, Penske and Craig Pollock all rumoured too. If I had to pick one to ''win'' a place I'd like to see Roger Penske return. His pedigree for motorsport in America is second to none, would be properly financed and any team of his would be a fabulous addition to F1.

Advertisement