Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CL Games this week

• 28-03-2006 11:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭

Just saw there was no thread for Benfica Barca so :)

Just saw the first half highlights there, how the hell Barca didn't score is beyond me.
    Van Bommell and Eto both should have defo scored, and you'd have put money on Deco scoring.

Once again Benfica make another team appear to have the worst finishing in the world, how do they do that consistantly? It's weird

In the second half the game has lit up, with the Benfica keeper playing the best keeping game I've seen in years, unreal saves being made left right and center.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

They put a bit of metal in the ball and install electro-magnets in the corner flags.

I was on the phone to my brother during the match, he was in his local Barca boozer on the outskirts of Barcelona... the background noise was not pleasant. They couldn't comprehend how it finished 0-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

I still can't believe it finished 0-0. I was watching the match at home and the amount of chances they had. I was shocked that Eto'o missed from 4 yards. The keeper had a great game last nght.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Lets not forget about the great chances that Benfica had in the second half as well. I think the second half was very even and either of the teams could have won it. But your right, it was shocking finishing by Barca in the first half but alot of credit must go to Morreti as well who had the game of his life. How it finished 0-0 ill never know but I think Benfica would have taken that result before the match. I think they should have had a penalty as well when Motta handled.

As for tonight im really looking forward to the Lyon V Milan game. I bet on Lyon at the start of the tournament to win it and they havent let me down yet. They need to take a lead with them to the San Siro and try not concede and they are very capable of doing it. I think they could win 1 or 2 nil tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Did fancy Lyon to get something out of tonights game til I heard Juninho was missing. Reckon they will struggle without him in the middle of the park and thus I shall go for a 1-0 AC victory. In the other game Inter aren't in the best form(which has coincided with Adrianos dip in form) but I reckon they'll have enough for an average Villareal team.
    Predictions: Lyon 0 Ac Milan 1
    Inter 2 Villareal 0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Juve at 11/1 to win the CL, they ain't bad odds. Milan at 8/1 is still a great bet too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

11/1 not bad odds? They're really gonna struggle next week, even with their home advantage. Still missing Del Piero, as well as three who started at Highbury, up against an on-form Arsenal side who they were unable to cope with for large portions of the match. Now, they have to go at them, which leaves them open to Arsenal getting an away goal, which will completely kill the tie. I wouldn't take odds of 11/1 to get to the semis, let alone lift the cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

The Lyon vs Milan match was mostly a fascinating midfield battle which Milan dominated for the first 20 minutes of the first half and Lyon did likewise for the first 25 minutes of the seconf half. It was a great game to watch, but perhaps not from a neutral's persepctive. Milan's defence was immense for the most part, however their failure to grab an away goal might come back to haunt them. Lyon are more than capable of scoring in the San Siro. I for one am looking forward to the second leg.

I couldn't believe the start of the Inter vs Villareal match. Fair play to Forlan for scoring what could be a crucial goal. Unfortunately, I can't watch the entire match (it's on deferred coverage here), so can anyone fill me in on how well/poorly Inter played? They got a win, they'll take that. An Inter goal in Villareal will make things very tough for the Spaniards indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I wouldn't take odds of 11/1 to get to the semis, let alone lift the cup.

Seriously, I'd say even jank would take 11/1 odds for them to get to the semis.
    Despite playing ****e against Arsenal, they have played really well all year, except in the two knockout roudns of the CL.
    Juve still have a team that can take on Arsenal, and its still abig challenge.
    I'm gona lash a tenner on it anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

How old is he average AC milan player?

It could thier undoing next week unless they score two early goals.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Apart From Costacurta and Maldini, the rest of the team are pretty much in their prime....from ages 24-31

• Advertisement
Advertisement