Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Old Hag

• 29-03-2006 12:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

hey guys

have any of ye heard about the old hag??

i met a guy who experienced the same thing as i recently and just wondered if anyone else has experiened this or perhaps something similar.

it happned about four years ago i lay in bed reading king lear for the leaving cert.
    no messing an old woman with short hair pressed her hands on my throat and i felt short of breath. she was transparent like i could see her clearly yet right through her at the same time. the guy i met who was a first aid instructor told me she was the old hag and that she travels around visiting people.

anyhow i aint a superstitious kind of girl or anything like da i believe in life and the living so to speak.

could this have been just a stress related illusion or did it actually occur, even now as i imagine it i feel erry and abit weird about it. do ye no anyone who has had this type of experience or anything about the old hag if in fact that is wa she is known as.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

The old hag is very very common in western (and eastern) cultures. It may be related to sleep paralysis and lucid dreaming, but I'm beginning to think there's a more paranormal angle to these phenomenon - since the cases are so widespread yet similar. Suffocation or strangulation is one of the common physical effects.

Interesting and scary case. Did she just disappear? Had you drifted off to sleep or where you in between waking and sleeping?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

That's definately quite interesting... makes you wonder how many other incidents like this have happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 LithuanianJoker

It is easy to set yourself free from sleep paralysis. You just need to roll your body. It works not only for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭shinners007

hey guys,

i was actually awake and not sleepy at all.

i could move my hands and legs and body bt just found it hard to breath.
    she kid of floated to the end wall and just vanished the strange thing was i only saw her head and shoulders no lower parts of the body if i remember correctly.

maybe i was drawn to her face due to shock not sure really

Advertisement