Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiga Song: Far From Home

Options
  • 29-03-2006 1:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else heard this? Parts of it (chorus) sound identical to Get The Message by Electronic. Is it supposed to? I'll assume it isn't.

If this is not down as some sort of a rework then it's the biggest ripoff I've ever heard. The chorus is almost identical, it's doing my head in. Johnny Marr and Bernard Sumner must be going mad.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Yeah I kinda see what you mean...I have the album but, er, lost the cover ¬¬, so I can't see if it's credited. Lots of other covers/reworks on the album..."You gonna want me" is a clear rip off of Altern8's Infiltrate202 (that vocal is prolly ripped from someplace else lol)

"Burning down the house" is an old Tom Jones(?) number.

Some guy on the amazon reviews page agrees with you on the Electronic thing too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

"Louder than a bomb" is a (****ing good) Public Enemy cover
    He's also covered Nelly's "Hot in herrererer"

Tiga likes his plagiarism:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

tman wrote:
    "Louder than a bomb" is a (****ing good) Public Enemy cover

How did I overlook that most obvious one?

Tiga and Mateo's Simulation sounds very like/samples/is a rip off of the Eurythymics if I'm not mistaken, or something very like them from the 80's..maybe the human league? Always bugs me when I hear it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

I've always loved that Electronic song..

I hope it's credited because it is really obvious

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Lots of his tracks are covers.

Altern 8 are credited on the You Gonna Want Me 12" I think.

There a Nine Inch Nails cover on Sexor ("Down in it"). I think "Pleasure from the Bass" was a cover too.

Some of the remixes he does end up being covers too (his mixes for Soulwax and Felix da Housecat anyway)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

I wasn't sure, the words weren't the same at all but the two choruses are very similar. Slight difference between the two. Cool video by the way.

Advertisement