Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool says club may get bid. Breaking News on BBC Sport

• 29-03-2006 9:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭

Liverpool Football Club has said it is in talks that could lead to an offer for the club.
    In a statement, the club said that is was in "continuing discussions with a number of parties regarding a potential investment of new funds".

"Although the structure of any such investment is uncertain, it may include an offer for the entire share capital of the club," it added.

Liverpool said shareholders would be kept updated "as appropriate".

Spanish multi-millionaire Juan Villalonga, who was formerly the president of telecoms firm Telefonica, has been linked with the club in recent days.

In March 2004, Liverpool appointed financial advisers Hawkpoint in a move to seek new investors.

Local building magnate Steve Morgan failed in his bid to buy into the club, and Liverpool have also been linked with US billionaire Robert Kraft.

Liverpool are seeking to fund a £170m ground move and also raise cash to strengthen their squad

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

this is looking like a possible take-over so? i'm surprised to hear it but i suppose glad to be getting some fresh investment..... i really hope it was worth the wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Hopefully Liverpool get taken over, new chairman bleeds club dry and they are relagated to League 2:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

Her's the statement:
    09:18 29Mar2006 RNS-REG-Liverpool FC & Grnds Statement re Possible Offer

RNS Number:5723A
    Liverpool FC & Athletic Grounds PLC
    29 March 2006

The Liverpool Football Club and Athletic Grounds Plc
    ("Liverpool FC" or the "Club")

The Board of Liverpool FC has noted the recent press speculation
    concerning
    possible third party investment into the Club and can confirm that it is
    continuing discussions with a number of parties regarding a potential
    investment
    of new funds into the Club. Although the structure of any such
    investment is
    uncertain, it may include an offer for the entire share capital of the
    Club.
    Shareholders will be kept updated as appropriate.

Enquiries should be made to

Ian Cotton (Liverpool FC) on 0151 230 5721 or

Colin Gillespie (PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP) 0161 245 2461

29 March 2006

This information is provided by RNS
    The company news service from the London Stock Exchange

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I've just seen that and the thread on RAWK but its still a bottle of smoke as this point.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

mike65 wrote:
    I've just seen that and the thread on RAWK but its still a bottle of smoke as this point.

Mike.
    yeah, on reflection it does look rather like 'going through the motions' type stuff required when interest is expressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

mike65 wrote:
    its still a bottle of smoke as this point.
    Exactly, I can't see moores selling all his shares though.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Stimpyone

seabee wrote:
    Exactly, I can't see moores selling all his shares though.

According to koptalk thats whats happening..

http://www.koptalk.com/detail_subtitle_listing.php?link_id=1832&subid=2&sticky=0

It has just been announced that Liverpool Football Club have announced that they are seeking to value the club at around £200million for a complete take-over with chairman David Moores looking for around £100million for his own stake.

Any potential investors will also have to take into account the funding of the new stadium should they wish to continue down that route. They could scrap the idea, finance it themselves or find someone to come in on a naming rights basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Koptalk should be called Kraptalk, they are rarely right about anything, kinda like the Daily "lets make up some stories" Mirror......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

BolBill wrote:
    Koptalk should be called Kraptalk, they are rarely right about anything, kinda like the Daily "lets make up some stories" Mirror......

Damn right.

Hopeful rather than confident that a suitable takeover happens. Would make for a very interesting transfer window...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

'tis all a formality it seems:

LIVERPOOL were today forced to make a Stock Exchange statement following interest expressed by Spanish entrepreneur Juan Villalonga.

However, the announcement of 'major investment talks' does not signal the end of the club's search for multi-million pound funding into Anfield.

Weekend reports confirmed the Spaniard has approached Liverpool, although his approach won't be successful.

Under strict Stock Exchange protocol, Liverpool are forced to publicly acknowledge they've been engaging in talks.

The Takeover Panel has been informed and the club has written to shareholders, but a brief moment of investment fever earlier today has proved premature.

Reds chief executive Rick Parry told the ECHO today: "Due to the reports over the weekend, we're obliged to make a statement and write to shareholders.

"It's a formality, but there has been no change to the situation."

The Liverpool statement read: "The board of Liverpool FC has noted the recent press speculation concerning possible third-party investment into the club and can confirm that it is continuing discussions with a number of parties regarding a potential investment of new funds into the club.

"Although the structure of any such investment is uncertain, it may include an offer for the entire share capital of the club. Shareholders will be kept updated as appropriate."

Last year, Redrow Homes founder - businessman Steve Morgan - made an unsuccessful approach to buy the club from chairman David Moores and before Christmas there were reports of potential investment by American billionaire Robert Kraft.

More recently, Villalonga has made no secret of his desire to buy into Anfield.

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0500liv...-name_page.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

> It's a formality, but there has been no change to the situation.

I think this is all a bit of smoke at the moment. It is well known that Moores would sell/pass on his controlling interest to the right buyer, but he hasnt found one as yet. Villalonga isnt one and may just be the Spanish newspapers/journo's generating stories.

I hope that whoever buys Liverpool, that they are in it for the long haul and have the wherewithal to develop it with a passion.

Whats the chance of getting 1 million fans together, with 100 quid each and buying out Moores half?

redspider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

BolBill wrote:

www.kraptalk.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

i'd just like to break the news here first. the stories about a new owner are true. i was down the bank yestersday and the manager gave 300 million in cash plus enuff in bonds etc to build the stadium.

i had my bid accepted this morning and i'm just waiting for the contracts to be brought over by kelly brook. i've a forward thinking plan for the club, giving rafa approx 75 million to spend on players and performing monkeys.
    although as new owner, i've made an executive decision to buy gary neville from utd.

at the next home game he will be sitting (read : tied) on a plastic chair right in front of the kop. tomatoes,pineapples and cabbages will be availible at the turnstiles. if he doesn't like it tough as i own his a** now (and also his registration)

thats all for now. i'll keep loyal kopite boards posters informed on all up coming transfers, especially the ronaldinho deal.

cheers

baz
    :D;):p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

thats mighty nice of you baz :)
    good luck during your tenure

Advertisement