Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice needed

Options
  • 29-03-2006 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Girlfriend has just bought a '99 VW Polo with one one of the below spoiler-type/brakelight combos.

volkwagon(polo(2)).gif

Problem is that its loose on one side - quite loose could possibly fly off at speed :eek:

- Not sure how to fix it & can't see how it was attached to car on day 1 - ie. its not obvious if it was bolted or bonded on etc.

Any expert out there care to advise on this - also need to say no to the part of me that wants to apply "No more nails" add pressure
    and wipe excess clean with a damp rag..... ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

They are bonded. You should go to a body repairer who will be able to rebond it for you. It may need to be left overnight for bonding to cure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Thanks for that Crosstownk - any idea of a ballpark figure on cost? - Open question...

Also would much prefer to do a DIY job on this - can I source whatever recommened adhesive is anywhere and plough on does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Better off doing a DIY - much cheaper. A lot of repairers may try to flog you a whole new spoiler. No idea of cost I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Thanks Crosstownk - am going to drop into Halfords on the way home and get something - seems polyurethane adhesive & sealer is the way to go...Cheers.

Advertisement