Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What are these cars worth do you think?

Options
  • 29-03-2006 10:36am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

2001 Focus - 3 door Zetec, Smokestone blue, 1.6 petrol. 101k miles.
    What was purchased extra is:
    alloys, spoiler, metallic paint, fogs, silver grille, 6 dish CD changer, electric windows, heated and electric mirrors, central locking with dead bolts and alarm and immobiliser.
    New front tyres, timing belt & service done @ 98k, NCT til July 07

1998 Corsa - 60k miles, 1.1, 5 door, sea blue in color, power steering, lady owner, MP3 player.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Focus - 9000 to 10000 euros

Corsa - 3500 to 4500 euros

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Are you sure Draffodx? Them prices seem higher than what i expected?

Have you a good source for those?

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Carb

yop wrote:
    1998 Corsa - 60k miles, 1.1, 5 door, sea blue in color, power steering, lady owner, MP3 player.

I'm after selling a 00 1.2 Corsa Champion 3 dr with 55 K on it. The champion model has factory fitted spoiler, colour coded interior, CD player. I ended up getting 4K from my brother after getting no interest on here or from CBG. I would suspect anything over 3K for yours would be a bonus, although I'm open to correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

draffodx wrote:
    Focus - 9000 to 10000 euros

Corsa - 3500 to 4500 euros

Either has too much money or doesnt know the value of money.

A focus with 101k miles of the clock. Wake up!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I was thinking that figure alright Carb - 3k
    About 8k for the Focus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I would have said 6k tops for the Focus, although to be fair that is off the top of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I reckon the Corsa's worth €2,500-2,750 and the Focus around €6,000

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Compare this to the Focus (car I saw in paper today)

2002 Astra 1.4 5 door 33k miles €9,500.

I know the Focus is a slightly better seller than the Astra, but still - 33k versus 101k!

Cars with over 100,000 miles generally don't make big money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Corsa 2500 euros retail, 2000 trade. The Focus, with the high mileage, 6500euros retail, 5500 trade.

• Advertisement

I reckion you're being a bit hard on the Corsa, as long as it has power steering.

bang on with the focus

I'm presuming he's selling them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Corsa's are a bit of a yoke to be honest, funny driving position, not a major hit in the small car stakes, iffy engines too and the 1.0 litre with electric powersteering are a disaster.

lots of first time drivers buy them, especially the 1.0.

Advertisement