Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outrun 2006

• 29-03-2006 10:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭

So anyone picking this up ? I think its out Friday.

Eurogamer gave it 9/10 ! Looks savage and has infrastructure online mode :D

http://eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=63613

Roll on Friday.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,767 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

F*ck the PSP. I'll be getting this on the xbox. Outrun 2 is too good a game for it to be played on anything less than a console. However I've heard that Sumo have performed some miracles getting it up to speed and looking fantastic on the PSP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I think it's style of play is perfectly suited to the PSP. I'll give it a shot, though I dont see a Japanese date listed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,767 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd rather buy the best uncompromised version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

can u trade in etc psp games? like i have burnout revenge and ridge racer, i dont think id want another racer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

guess it depends on what platform choices you have...if any!?

I have Burnout also for PSP but loved Outrun 2 and its simple arcade style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

syphon filter rules:) lol even though its not a racer:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Got it a few days back on the xbox, if you liked the first its more of the same, but a bit slicker. Very good, but not worth of 9/10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Im going to get the psp version, outrun 2 was imo one of the best games on the xboxi t will not be as good on the psp for sure but just the fact that I can play an outrun game in work does it for me. Plus dosnt the psp version have free online play ?

I dont know if I should get the pc version or the xbox version surly the pc version will have better graphics ?

ok. picked up the psp version.
    Can't seem to get online going :(

Login ok but when I try to join a game I get... "this game session is no longer available" :(
    Anyone any ideas ? seen it before ?

Brian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

got it for ps2, is it me or is the game alot faster than arcade version? doesnt play good. also it has outrun2 in the game itself, barley ne difference in graphics. good game though, might psp it

• Advertisement

been playing this all the time and its a great game.
    Online mode is cool but it is very hard to find a game.

Anyone else tried to play online yet with PSP version ?

just bought it on the psp and its saying i need to update to 2.6 is there anyway to avoid this as im already on 2 and dont want to be able to downgrade later ?

not that I know of but I upgraded from 1.50 to 2.60 last week.

guess ill be upgrading :-(

better be good online

Only picked this up last saturday and I'm just telling people how brilliant it is. It's the best racer I've played since F-zero GX. I don't know how people can play 'pokemon with cars' games like Gran Turismo that bore you to tears due to boribng races and handling when there are games like this that are nothing but pure unadulterated fun. It's one of those games you pick up for a quick play and realise later that 4 hours of your life has past you by.

I second that its an excellent game and pretty much the same as the xbox version graphically.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Playing this on the PSP for the last week, the perfect software on the perfect machine, sure there is a little slowdown at moments but the pick up and play gameplay coupled with lovely graphics and a classic soundtrack along with lots of modes of play to keep one occupied, I reckon we have the perfect handheld racer, and its out soon on budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

Just started playing this on the psp and i regret it. That is i regret not playing it from release. Absolutly amazing little game. Looks amazing, even without amazing graphics, plays unbelievably and is just outright fun.

I wholehardedly recommend any fan of racing games to play the purist of them all - in a car, drive fast, that's it. Perfection

Advertisement