Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moss on tarmac any ideas?

Options
  • 29-03-2006 11:18am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Was wondering if ye know of a good way to rid moss off tarmac. It is very heavy and green in certain parts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Have you tried a weed killer such as PathClear?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

I've been told that a liberal dose of salt will kill it off but I've not tried it myself yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Just The One

Efioanaes wrote:
    Was wondering if ye know of a good way to rid moss off tarmac. It is very heavy and green in certain parts.

Jeyes Fluid - best thing by far. It is cheap too... dilute it appropiately and spread.. give it a few days and all the moss will dye and turn brown... you will then have to sweep up the dead stuff - as you do with any of the products.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

powerhose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭dools

We used domestos in a bucket of water and scrubbed it in with a yard brush. Obv need to do it in dry weather. It turned brown and most of it is gone, but need to do again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

Try spraying with fairly concentrated roundup - then once a year throw down some anti-fungal cleaner and scrub with a yard brush. Moss tends to appear wherever you have other growth.

Advertisement