Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Somebody fill me in

• 29-03-2006 11:22am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone wanna fill me in on the build-up for the matches at WM 22. I havent watched wrestling since last years WM so dont have a clue whats happening, thinking that this will be the time to get back into it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

www.wwe.com

Without wanting to type too much, as there is months of build-up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

1) HHH is still the king of kings. the measuring stick to every wrestler.
    2) good old JR was fired
    3) the coach is doing a great job in his place with a little help from joey styles. king has lost it.
    4)MNM are a good tag team.
    5)eric (raw general manager) was fired. big mistake.
    6) eddie gurrero (forget how to spell it) passed away (38 years old) big loss.
    thats some help, i hope. maybe others can say more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

triple h wrote:
    3) the coach is doing a great job in his place...

Huh? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

triple h wrote:
    the coach is doing a great job in his place with a little help from joey styles. king has lost it.

did u get hit in the head???? coach doing a great job????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

Ease up on the Coach, I like him!! And he still holds my all time favourite heel turn..who saw that coming?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Dont rememer his heel turn very well, had it something to do with the rock.
    triple h wrote:
    1) HHH is still the king of kings. the measuring stick to every wrestler.
    2) good old JR was fired
    3) the coach is doing a great job in his place with a little help from joey styles. king has lost it.
    4)MNM are a good tag team.
    5)eric (raw general manager) was fired. big mistake.
    6) eddie gurrero (forget how to spell it) passed away (38 years old) big loss.
    thats some help, i hope. maybe others can say more.

He asked about a WM build up, not what happened in WWE for the last 4 months. You forgot Batista having to give up the title aswell. But maybe all this explains why this years WM has a poor card.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭antifyre

castagnoli wrote:
    Ease up on the Coach, I like him!! And he still holds my all time favourite heel turn..who saw that coming?!

Austin. Wrestlemania 17. Greatest Heel Turn Ever.Period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

It was 100 times more memorable than Coaches. But the best ever? No way. The second he turned heel he became less of a draw for the WWE. He did n't need to turn heel, he was only back 6 months after being out for more than a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It was 100 times more memorable than Coaches. But the best ever? No way. The second he turned heel he became less of a draw for the WWE. He did n't need to turn heel, he was only back 6 months after being out for more than a year.

I know some people disliked the decision to turn him heel and I think Austin has said he disliked it himself but I personally enjoyed his heel run. I think the WWE writers made a bit of a mess of it during the Alliance angle but I thought it allowed Austin the chance to get back to his 1997 persona and I loved the comedy skits with Angle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I quite enjoyed Austins heel run as well, in so far as it bugged the crap out of me ie it worked.

The best heel turn ever, bar none, was Hogan turning on WcW and being the 3rd member of The Outsiders. It came completely from left field, and drew more heat than any heel I have ever seen - "you fans can just stick it brother".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I know some people disliked the decision to turn him heel and I think Austin has said he disliked it himself but I personally enjoyed his heel run. I think the WWE writers made a bit of a mess of it during the Alliance angle but I thought it allowed Austin the chance to get back to his 1997 persona and I loved the comedy skits with Angle.

I loved his comedy stuff too. But should you be really saying that about someone who was supposed to be the top bad guy in the company? People never wanted to boo him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I loved his comedy stuff too. But should you be really saying that about someone who was supposed to be the top bad guy in the company? People never wanted to boo him.

But the turn itself at wrestlemania, Vince coming down with the chair, that was great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

and the double whammy the following night, "oh here's triple h coming down to stop austin" BLAM down goes rock and the two man power trip is formed

Advertisement