Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

lost season 3

• 29-03-2006 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭

a friend of mine claims he has season 3. is this possible

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Short answer: no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Biggest LOL i've had all day..

... and i don't LOL too often!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Ha! :d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭DEG viper

i was thinkin so. by the way are they going to be even making lost season 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭Dr. Dodger

My friend says that his mate's, brothers, cousin has Lost series 1-5. He even has the episode where Homer Simpson makes a cameo! ;)

• Advertisement

DEG viper wrote:
    by the way are they going to be even making lost season 3
    Yes.. it's pretty much a certainty!

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Dapos

i heard a rumor a few weeks back that the cast of Lost were told to be prepared to up to 7 seasons... Anyone hear this or is it pure bull?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

DEG viper wrote:
    a friend of mine claims he has season 3. is this possible

You know, the word Gullible isn't in the dictionary.

Don't believe me? have a look yourself:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭QuadLeo

Dapos wrote:
    i heard a rumor a few weeks back that the cast of Lost were told to be prepared to up to 7 seasons... Anyone hear this or is it pure bull?

I wouldn't be surprised. But I doubt it will happen. The general public who watch lost religiously on tv will lose interest after another series or 2. I've heard they were planning 3 series and a feature length from the begining. Don't know how true it is. I've only seen up to episode 13 series 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

it's not gonna become a soap and i doubt it'll go past a 4th series. it's almost a dead cert that a 3rd series will be produced. anyone who thinks they'll somehow manage to be rescued in the next 8 episodes, with as many loose ends as there currently are, needs their head checked IMO. Either that or it'll be the most rushed and disappointing show finale in history.
    Bear in mind that each episode costs an average of $10m to make, and they're at a huge loss making each episode, even with primetime slots and huge advertising on abc (and dozens of smaller stations around the globe, our own rte2 being one of them.)
    It's unlikely that any of the episodes past 2:21 are anywhere near completed production... the actors have told audiences on several US chat shows that they're normally 3 to 4 episodes ahead of the most recent US airing (2:17 was aired this week, so we can presume the furthest they are in recording is around 2:20/21) i very much doubt your friend even has a trailer for series 3 nevermind the entire series!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

upmeath wrote:
    Bear in mind that each episode costs an average of $10m to make, and they're at a huge loss making each episode, even with primetime slots and huge advertising on abc (and dozens of smaller stations around the globe, our own rte2 being one of them.)

There is no way each episode costs in the region of $10m to make. The pilot episode cost $10m and it was the most expensive pilot ever filmed.
    That would make it $240 million a series and after almost two series, they would be down 480 million.

This show wouldn't even be on the air if it was costing that much per episode, no studio would fork over that much money to make any show, no matter how good it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

afaik they will be making 7 seasons due to its huge global popularity. im not sure if this is official but ive heard it from a few different people. people will certainly watch it anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

ya thats what i would have thought but thats just what i heard. they can always introduce some crazy things that keep it goin but ya 4 sounds right to me. they may want to squeeze all the cash they can get out of it, who knows :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭Greener

On the special features of season 1 dvd box set (eurpoe) in one of the documentaries it said that they only make each episode 2-3 weeks before its aired so i doubt your friend has seen season 3 if they havent even made it yet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

MOD EDIT: No discussion of torrents or illegal downloads allowed in here.

Uh-oh, Sizzler..

Welcome to Bansville.. population: you!

PMSL....No need to get so nerdy ! Ur from sligo :-)

Sizzler wrote:
    PMSL....No need to get so nerdy
    I'm not the one using web acronyms... now who's the nerd? :rolleyes:
    Sizzler wrote:
    Ur from sligo :-)
    Amazing deduction!

Hmmmm....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Locking this thread.... no no-one has series three of Lost... it doesn't exist...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement