Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

US: 2X17 - "Lockdown" [**SPOILERS WITHIN**]

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

giving this one a solid 9/10
    sucked me in right from the start, the episodes seem to finish so quick sometimes, I'm there shouting 'Ooohh nooo' at the tv. fantastic :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

basquille wrote:
    As i said in my ramblings above.. i believe the doors locked down to stop whoever was manning the station from interacting with whoever delivered the supplies.

Seems to make sense!

Well... maybe, maybe not. Why would they give them a count down. Unless the intention was to lock them out of the hatch if they went outside during the supply drop. Also usually there are 2 workers manning a hatch. So what if one stayed in the hatch to type the numbers are one person went outside to meet the supply drop, then the guy outside could interact with the people dropping the supplies.

Another point, if it all says quarintine on the inside of the hatches they how were the employees meant to get the resupply drop if they were staying inside the hatch all the time afraid of being contaminated.

I'd say that the others are going to want some resupply. The supply drop could prove a little troublesome if they come looking for a sambo.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I think the interaction with the supply dropper is mute as it was obviously dropped from a height. i do think the lockdown and the drop are connected.

What I find odd is that the "map" was wriiten on the backof one of the lockdown doors. Now since they have been there for 2-3 months and it looked like the store room was recently stocked, I would say they get a supply ever 4-6 months. So to have a map on a door that you can only access every 4 months or so is odd - unless you were hiding it. But from who.

The speakers were damaged for a reason I think - to make sure that we the viewer couldn't hear all the message. We really only heard something audible when it started counting down. It is also odd that the doors seperated them from the computer. Surely if the number HAD to be entered then locking the doors could prove a problem if it happened just before the numbers were to be entered. One thing I did notice was just as the speakers started to sound the computer had the prompt - it doesn't always. Maybe the loudspeaker was telling them that a lockdown was coming and to enter the numbers early?

We should also assume that all the other hatches got a drop also.

Hyzepher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

just finished it, that was good, hopefully keeps that stupid 'most over rated show ever thread' quiet for a while

henry did something with the computer, as we heard the noises we did first time counter went to zero,
    henry sends them to the one place where he knew they would find out his idenity, (I don't believe he was gambling on them not digging up the grave)
    so henry obviously just wanted to have the best chance of being alone with locke, perhaps he knew about the lockedown, he was very quick to suggest prying open the hatch door which probably indicates he was manning another hatch at some stage, or at least knows the goings on of hatches
    btw on the drivers license the guys address is 815 walnut ridge

what is the signifigance of sayids missus turning up in lockes backstory, is she darma realted now too?

most interesting things from map are the medical hatch believed to abandoned since 1985, which ties with the fact that when claire rediscovered this hatch(med hatch)with kate it looked dusty and unused for a long time which confused everyone because claire had just been there,

stated goal of zoology study:
    accelerated de-territorial of polar bear with gene therapy in extreme climate change? does this mean they are altering the genetic make up of the polar bear to survive in a warm climate? this links tho the world ending scenarios we've heard

now as soon as locke went under the hatch door it closed on him suggesting that they were being monitored, this freed henry to mess with the computer which was probably his obective this whole time,

jack beat sawyers with 2 9's which as far as i know is lucky, and means positive change, and jacks been to thailand, pouquet, this will doubtlessly feature in jacks upcoming flashback

the fact that we see the hatch map reflected in lockes eye is another indication of dharma mind control

how was the food dropped? why this episode for that? i don't see it being tied in with the lockedown after all if someone was trying to prevent them from leaving the hatch they wouldn't give them a countdown i.e time to leave the hatch.....

cerebus the dog of hell watching them through the eyes of walts dog?early in season 1, why this mythology in a science based show?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

The Med-hatch being diserted and now a date on the map does lean towards Claire being implated with memories - may account for her amnesia. If so, then some theories suggesting that the survivors have been tampered with may be on the right lines - remember there are lots of unexplained visions

I still think the lockdown and the supply drop are linked - it does mention it on the map - bottom right - along with reduced activity - whatever that means. I feel the audible countdown was to get the numbers entered in early - however, the lockdown must have some significance otherwise there would be consequences for leaving the hatch and not being locked in.

Hyzepher

Hyzepher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Peace wrote:

Another point, if it all says quarintine on the inside of the hatches they how were the employees meant to get the resupply drop if they were staying inside the hatch all the time afraid of being contaminated.

spot on. The drop was most probably others related.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Classic episode - definitely a 9, pulled down only by a so-so Locke flashback.

Can't quite make the connection between the drop and the lockdown... We were prevented from hearing the speakers on purpose, but why are they no longer working correctly? Or is it just the transmission that was at fault? Maybe a wonky signal from a plane/airship flying overhead? (I say airship because it might be a tad quieter.) Charlie, Sayid and AL didn't give any indication they'd seen a plane fly over during their trek across the island, yet they were clearly dropped from above.

Love the map - love too the almost immediate appearance of pages like these:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultraviolet_map
    http://www.thetailsection.com/spoilage/uploaded_images/sm8378-743277.jpg

What I don't get is why this is appearing in UV light only (did Desmond/Kelvin have access to UV markers?) and why it is only accessible during the lockdown? For that matter, how often are these lockdowns happening? I hope there's ultimately a very good explanation for the reason for this week's lockdown, and for the appearance of the map. It just seems tough to tie down a good reason for the barriers dropping, the map only appearing as the numbers reached zero and why Desmond made no mention of any of this. For that matter, why would Dharma - who WANT the team to enter the numbers - not allow u****eded access at least from the central 'living room' into the computer area...

Henry - classic, as usual. Still think Emerson deserves a Best Supporting Actor Emmy for the role (certainly for 2x16). Love the turnaround in finding the real Henry Gale (and no wife!). He could have run away, or tried to escape during the lockdown, but didn't. So he must want something from the group - most likely still trying to get 'the list' that Ethan failed to, or finding out how much they know about the hatch.

Locke's legs: once again, what should be severely painful, to the point of knocking him unconscious, has little effect (though he did seem to be in significantly more pain than when he stuck a paper clip in his leg or when he burned it.) Still, Gale must have wondered why it wasn't considerably more agonising to have a metal door point pressed into your leg!

What did Gale do in the computer room? - This is interesting. Dramatically, I half-wondered if it was a mistake NOT to show us the excitement of the countdown, and leave us trapped with Locke on the other side. But I suppose there is something clever about not knowing what Gale did. My guess is he DID enter the numbers, but just after zero - as the sounds replicated almost exactly those of Locke's near-miss in 2x14. But do the UV lights only come on during the 'hieroglyphics' sequence, or was that a part of the lockdown which is likely to happen again? Without a copy of the UV map - and considering how infrequently it normally appears - it isn't likely the Losties will make much progress on the issue of the other hatches.

The map itself: no question that it's showing the six hatches, possibly a HQ and also indications of the 'incident' aftermath. The hatches appear inter-connected (the grey lines). Question is, what does the question mark at their intersection indicate? The Swan, CVII, appears to be bigger than a lot of the other hatches. Have some other thoughts on this - will save those for the 'map' thread.

So, great ep, let down only by its flashback (and partly the poker game which seemed at points only to serve Jack's non-presence in the hatch. Would that have worked better if he was attending a medical emergency?)

Roll on next week. Only downside to the revelations of last night is that I don't reckon the map will get much more than a passing mention for several weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

I think the drop was meant for whoever's in the hatch cos they were surely allowed to leave as long as they were taking the vaccine Desmond had.
    It is hard to see why the hatch would be locked down during the drop. Even if the hatch inhabitants were outside as the plane/airship/whatever flew over, what could they do to interfere with it? There were no anti-aircraft guns in the armoury.
    Sayid pointing the gun at "Henry" at the end was interesting. What's Charlie going to say when they ask him where he got it?
    Seeing the 2 Oceanic planes fly over in the flashback was a nice touch too: back on the island an aircraft was flying over as well but no-one seemed to notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

The UV lights may be in use to prevent contamination of the inner control room if someone was opening the hatch. Bacteria & Viruses do not like UV light and cannot survive in it for extended periods.

This episode is a little bit of a mind-phuck.

• Advertisement

i think, henry entered a code to display the uv(which we will see in a future ep backstroy of henrys), a puzzle for locke and yes as i posted weeks ago henrys main objective was to interfere with the hatch and move the experiment along, but the main question is now will locke tell jack and sayid etc? this relates to henrys 'will you protect me no matter what question' to which locke promised, so in the next ep we will see that henry talks himself into another lie saying that he used that name(henry gale) because he was afraid etc. and claim he's a decent man to which locke will allow for considering he might acknowledge henry as the guy who saved his precious legs, but ultimately locke will crush his psychological opppressor, possibly his brother, his bad twin! yhihf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

9/10 Brill ep. Loved it. I very seldom give 10/10 like in an earlier mentioned reason - (can't give 11/10.)

Did anyone else notice how easily Henry remembered the series of numbers. Even after he was knocked out from the fall, Locke didn't ever repeat the numbers to him.

Just to go back to a few earlier points

1. I also believe that Locke's father is the REAL Sawyer (Locke connected to "the island's" Sawyer. And notice, Locke has also questioned Sawyer about where he got the name and is the only one to call him by his real name.)
    2. Locke inspects Nadia's house. (Locke connected to Sayid)

I don't think Locke has to carry through his promise to Henry to protect him. He made the promise to a man he thought was Henry, not an imposter.

Unlike some earlier posts, I really like Locke's back-stories. He's my favourite and most interesting charactor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

9/10 fantastic twists with the map and gale being found out, everythings been said that i can think of (and a lot more) so i cant add anything else, really looking forward to the next episode to see what gale or whoever he is has to say for himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

does the lockdown clanking sounds sound anything like the mechanical noises heard in s1?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Yeah I agree, great episode. I knew last week was only setting us up for this week. Its amazing how in one episode they can pack in so much, yet in others it feels like nothing happens.

I also think Lockes dad is the real Sawyer, its too much of a coincidence that they are both con men, btw does anyone remember where lockes dad said he was going?

Even with the whole incidence in the end of this epidsode, I still think Henry isn't one of the others, they are just pushing him to much, btw I think the producers did a great job in picking the guy to play henry, he just has a look where you don't know wether hes good or bad. I also think that whole thing with the lockdown was just a drill or something. I'd say the transmission from the speakers that locke couldn't get working was just prepping everyone to get ready for it, thats why it counted down before bringing down the shutters.

P.S: from having a look at the map, i'm guessing the "multiple escape conduits" that where blocked are where all the magnetic activity in the hatch is coming from, the map shows a section of the swan that has been disconnected from the main section, called H3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Chevano Riley

great ep 8//10

clunky writing as usual. it sometimes just makes me laugh. i can see the writers brainstorming the easiest way to reveal to locke that his father is dead... his girlfriend reads all the obituaries every morning for no particular reason! (y)

for fans of lost trivia and "print screen" type spots - lockes father's car had the licence plate 4TRIO19, or possibly (phonetic interpretation) 43019. thats the zip code for fredrickbtown, ohio. i hit a dead end there. :( those nitpicky things arent really my specialty, but i couldnt resist a quick google.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

This is why I love Lost, one step closer to an answer, two more questions posed. 10/10

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

Fantastic episode, although the preview told us "5 major mysteries would be revealed" er... yeah :rolleyes:

Anyhoo, just one think nobody's mentioned yet is that on the left of the map where CVIII is, it translates to "There are dragons here" Very strange... Also, from the map it seems the Swan is the only place the numbers are entered...

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

Oh and also how did the real Henry Gale end up on the island and when? Hmm....

and would the others go to all that time and effort to bury him.

how was desmond travelling around the world?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

Rob30888 wrote:
    Fantastic episode, although the preview told us "5 major mysteries would be revealed" er... yeah :rolleyes:

They chose their words carefully - they said 5 major events:

1. Finding baloon/grave
    2. Lockdown
    3. Locke sees map
    4. Discover parachute supplies
    5. Henry is an other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

danniemcq wrote:
    how was desmond travelling around the world?

da dahhhh! ...........possibly!

Also Desmond had a companion in the hatch, did he say that one day he just ran off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Any takers on Henry buying protection from Locke in exchange for access to the map?

D.I.H.G. = DI = Dharma Initiative? HG = Henry Gale?

Yep, or maybe Henry Gale used to computer to briefly knock on the UV lights, knowing that Locke would glimpse the map.

Well that episode certainly makes you want to watch the next one :)

I gave it an 8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

I gave it 9, excellent episode. didnt wanna give it 10 because i know they can impress me even more :D

Regarding the "10"'s and other high scores.

Some people will go pffft-how can you always give such a high score..?

I'd always assumed that the ratings given for an episode of lost or Battlestar or whatever in a poll like this is a rating comparative to other episodes of the same show.

A 10 doesnt mean an oscar,it doesnt mean its the best ever created,it just means hey this episode is up there with the last episode of lost that I gave a 10 to(I dont think I've given one a 10 yet)
    If I give an 8 to an episode,it means I liked it more than an episode of lost I gave a 7 to but it does not mean that its an equivalent to an "8" I'd give to some episode of some other series or film.

Each rating is relevant to the content of other episodes of the same thing to me.

If faced with a poll using cross comparisons and I've watched the different series in the poll,I'd vote entirely differently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I loved this episode. Best so far of season 2 anyway.

Looking forward to next weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Hyzepher wrote:
    I would say they get a supply ever 4-6 months. So to have a map on a door that you can only access every 4 months or so is odd - unless you were hiding it..

If you look at the re-drawing of the map on Wiki, it says "P.R.D. every 6-8 months"... I'd hazard a guess that means "(P?) Re-supply Drop every 6-8 months". Don't know how reliable that map is but hey.

Really enjoyed the episode too, was starting to lose interest in the show but that's perked me right up again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭Greener

Shanegggg wrote:
    Brilliant episode. One of the best in this series by far. The twist in the end was deadly. Lockes back stories are always the best.

Anyone else think that Henry was there to get the supply crate for the others. Looks like the picture on the door was the map to the drop off.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/gumpy500/snapshot_j_2006329_.jpg

Any one else got ne ideas?

Roll on next weeks ;)

Edit: http://hypno.griffithweb.com/template_images2/lost_dharma_decoded-751672.jpg

Just found that there

Never thought of that. It would make sense that he was there to steal the supplies alright. I thought he was just there to find out what they knew about the others/island etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

what does cv mean?

• Advertisement

Sunn wrote:
    what does cv mean?

latin/roman numerals
    1 I, IV=4
    5 V
    10 X
    50 L, LX =60
    100 C
    500 D
    1000 M

so cv = 105

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭SandyVN

Brilliant episode. Cant get enough of it now. I wonder who the real Henry gale will be associated with....Has anyone been reading the diary on the lost website??

The last entry says
    "something must be done. Iv just learned that my brother is being held in the hatch as a suspect 'other' and from what Ive heard his treatment has been less then.... humane. Who do these people think they are? Judge and jury? What gives them the rights? This is not their court. This is not their island. Something must be done..."

It was said a good while back that it was suppose to be rose keeping the diary?..? If so the real Henry gale could be her brother.
    OR
    There is a plant in the group that is actually an other and the fake Henry Gale aka Dave is his/her brother?..?
    After all....
    "Who do these people think they are? Judge and jury? What gives them the rights? This is not their court. This is not their island. Something must be done..."
    Is a very other thing to say.

Any thoughts??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Possible desmond was travelling the world with the real henry gale (Black chap) and they crashed on the island. So the person who was in the hatch (White chap) met them and got desmond to start pushing the button and heard of henry's name. Then he ran off and on captured he must have known that they had allready met desmond so he used henrys name.

SandyVN: Perhaps Desmond is the "brother" of Henry Gale. If you recall earlier episodes, didn't he constantly refer to Jack as brother?

The Rose theory makes some sense though, bearing in mind whose back-story the next episodes focus on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

I think I need to watch this again to fully post my thoughts on the episode - for now I'll say that Michael Emerson has to be an absolute given for an Emmy. This season would be very different without him.

Here's his other work

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0256237/?fr=c2l0ZT1kZnx0dD0xfGZiPXV8cG49MHxrdz0xfHE9TWljaGFlbCBFbWVyc29ufGZ0PTF8bXg9MjB8bG09NTAwfGNvPTF8aHRtbD0xfG5tPTE_;fc=1;ft=20;fm=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

Quote from Desmond in 2x03 Orientation:

"It was 3 years ago. I was in a solo race around the world. My boat crashed into the reef then Kelvin came. He comes running out the jungle "Hurry, hurry come with me". He brings me down here." etc...

Don't think Desmond will have a connection to the real Henry Gale.

But what of the fake Henry Gale? The diary doesnt refer to Henry as Henry, it refers to the writer's "brother" being held by the losties, which would be a possible link between Fake-Henry and Desmond. Perhaps. Who knows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

<bad pun>
    This episode could also have been called "Locke Down"
    </bad pun>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yakuza wrote:
    <bad pun>
    This episode could also have been called "Locke Down"
    </bad pun>
    Oh my..! :eek:

Ba-dum-tish!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

has anyone considered the possiblility that Locke didnt have his kideny removed?
    If everything is connected in Lost, nadia, kates dad, lockes 'dad' (who took away lockes "reason to live" his missus), desmond, sun's dad, hurleys lotto win....
    Isnt it possible that Lockes surgery might be what caused hi to lose the use of his legs, the lad in the outback tour referred to a 'condition' which may be a polite way to say 'in a wheelchair'
    Tinfoil hat is securly tied on ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

DeadParrot wrote:
    Isnt it possible that Lockes surgery might be what caused hi to lose the use of his legs

No, he has been able to walk for all the flashbacks which have taken place after the surgery.

monomaniac wrote:
    Quote from Desmond in 2x03 Orientation:

"It was 3 years ago. I was in a solo race around the world. My boat crashed into the reef then Kelvin came. He comes running out the jungle "Hurry, hurry come with me". He brings me down here." etc...

Don't think Desmond will have a connection to the real Henry Gale.

nice one for clearin that up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

Metacortex wrote:
    No, he has been able to walk for all the flashbacks which have taken place after the surgery.
    Ah, I know that but if Dharma is the all powerful ultramegacorp that it seems to be Im sure a wee bit of nanotechnology or time lapse technology is possible ;)

The main point is; I feel Dharma are responisble for *taking* the use of Lockes legs in the first place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Splendid

I wonder was the lockdown to protect he hatch while the operator went to get the supplies?

that wouldn't work cause as we seen the alarm went off when the shutters all came down so if it was to stop people getting in who would push the button.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

danniemcq wrote:
    that wouldn't work cause as we seen the alarm went off when the shutters all came down so if it was to stop people getting in who would push the button.
    maybe they were meant to input the numbers earlier as the prompt was visible, or maybe one member was meant to be in the comp room locked in while the other guy went out to get the supplies, or maybe the swan people werent meant to get this supply drop ie it was destined for the staff or the med station, or maybe....... damn you lost!!!!

ps just saw this on imdb http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0483046/ any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭SandyVN

No i don't think Desmond has anything got to do with the diary as its been going on from the start. It has to be someone in the group.

Lock definitely had the use of his legs after that sugary, sure we seen the flash backs the other night. I'm thinking he got attacked by those two guys his father conned OR he tried to kill himself & it all went wrong. He's said a few time the island is his reason for living..... I dunno thou its all so confusing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Just when I thought Lost couldn’t get any stupider it goes and does something like this……and totally redeems itself!

Well, on reflection not totally, but it definitely got the interest back. I just hope they don’t revert to their ‘we’ve given them one great episode so now lets insult their intelligence and drip feed them tiny scraps of info jammed in between mediocre filler back stories for the next 3 episodes’ approach. If Lost wants to be great this is its chance – maintain this momentum to the end of this series and it becomes a classic. Any drama story has to have its peaks and relatively quiet periods, but Lost has tended to make the quiet periods too slow. This episode gives them enough juice to run another 5 great episodes this series.

Will Locke to the usual lostaway thing and keep the hugely interesting thing he saw (the map) to himself? I’d say he will for a while and I can see him mounting an unreasonable defence of The Imposter, even though his blatant lies surely render their agreement null and void. The Imposter wanted to get to that computer all along and surely he did something while there as there is no other explanation as to why they didn’t include the split screen Locke/Imposter shots that would have heightened the drama further. So I reckon The Imposter is the one that roped Desmond into pressing the numbers – the writers like him too much to make him a normal Other. But why is he going to such lengths to cover his tracks and why didn’t he split when he had the chance cos surely he would assume Sayid would dig up the grave and Sayid is well capable of killing him so sticking around was too risky for me.

So the real Henry Gale probably is Rose’ brother but why hasn’t she taken more of an interest in it then? If the forthcoming episodes are Rose centric this increases the chance that HG is her brother, but we’ll get a background on this but no advance on the map, which I reckon we won’t see again till next series. Intrigued as to whether The Imposter knows that Locke saw the map, and indeed if he knows the map exists (its covert nature suggests it is kept secret from Dharma ).

The drop (by the way surely PRD is Provision Re-supply Drop?) was intriguing and I’m sure it’ll cause a rift either internally in the losties group, or when the Others come looking for it….but if it was intended for the Others, and they work for Dharma, why would Dharma drop it in a place on the losties side of the boundary the Others agreed with them?

It continues to piss me off the way Jack and Locke think they own the hatch – Jack in particular is an arrogant b*llix and I can’t see why the writers keep trying to make him out to be a great guy (e.g. the poker) cos his arrogant assumption of control is head wrecking. But the poker game was class, though I’m pretty sure Kate had Ace Kind suited (diamonds) so she should’ve been raising big time pre-flop which would’ve taken Hurley out, though we don’t know how high or low Sawyer’s flush was. Terrible call from Sawyer though – with 3rd pair (or was it 4th?) he really had to have had Jack on a pure bluff, either way he was too vulnerable and as he’s made out to be smarter than that you’d expect better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

So I reckon The Imposter is the one that roped Desmond into pressing the numbers – the writers like him too much to make him a normal Other.

The one who brought Desmond into the hatch was called Kelvin and Desmond said he later died.
    So the real Henry Gale probably is Rose’ brother but why hasn’t she taken more of an interest in it then?

No evidence of this at all. They only thing they have in common is their race and this does not mean they're related.

There is something odd going on with Rose and Bernard though. Rose was given an unusually prominent role in the pilot for a minor supporting character. When she heard the smoke monster knocking over the trees, she said it sounded "familar". She was also very certain that Bernard survived the crash, almost as if she knew more than she was letting on. Her flashbacks should be very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭elurhs

Excellent episode, Lost at its best. This is the kind of episode that makes you wish you could look at the next one right away. Having read all the other posts, here's my take.

Re Henry Gale, lets assume he's an other at this stage. Did he let himself be captured intentionally? It's always been assumed he did, but I'm not so sure. Okay, it would be possible to get caught by Rousseau on purpose, but how could he be sure he would be handed over to the losties? IMHO, I don't think HG expected Sayid to dig up the grave. So is the HG identity an emergency alias for the Others?
    On the other hand, I would question the use of the same name as the dead guy, plus leaving id on the body in the grave is just stupid. All very contradictory.

It would be VERY coincidental if the lockdown was not related to the food drop. The purpose of the lockdown is unsure. Even if there was only one hatch operator, if he knew the lockdown warning, all he has to do is go to the computer room, sit down and wait until its time to enter the numbers. I initially thought that the lockdown was something to do with Mike (remember him;) ). He'd found Walt, or attacked the bunker or something. The only other time the cursor came up like that was when Walt was playing around with the computer and tried to contact someone.

Finally, the map. Made over time by the hatch occupants, who were only told the bare minimum about DHARMA, ie orientation film, push the button. They were low level guys who knew little about the overall goals. So the map and information was built up, on the QT from the guys running things. The blast door was the only place where the map would remain hidden from any inspection by the bosses. Each hatchman added a little extra to the map. I think the UV lights were like emergency lights that came on during the lockdown.

So more questions than answers, as usual. However, this gives me hope that the writers DO actually have a plan for the series as a whole.

• Advertisement
Advertisement