Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

US: 2X17 - "Lockdown" [**SPOILERS WITHIN**]

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

agamemnon - I think someone mentioned above theres a diary online or something that talks about someone saying their brother is being held captive by the losties. I think Rose keeps a diary, so theres the potential link.

Could The Imposter be Kelvin, and do we trust what Desmond said anyways?

Good point on Rose' confidence that Bernard was alive all the way through, definitely looking forward to her back story, as the fact it comes so late in the series would suggest its central to the overall plot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

The writers said during season 1 that it was not supposed to be written by any of the losties - just the POV of some red shirt in the background.

When season 2 started it was clear that the diary was written from the POV of someone different - it told the story from the start again (straight after the crash) and was written in a different style (all in capital letters for a start) and told a different story.
    I was fairly certain that it was again supposed to be from the POV of a red shirt... until the brother references!!

I don't think it's written by Rose - why would we not see her going mad about her locked up brother?? The information in the diary has never before given anyway any major scoopage that's not already been revealed in the show - perhaps that's all going to change - I'm dubious though.

Remember last year the diary writer claimed to have followed Locke to the hatch a few times and there were occasions when it seemed like the identity of the diary writer would be revealed in the show.

Also - in the latest entry the diary writer states that they confronted Locke about their brother being held captive. Surely Locke would've mentioned to someone - "there's a person on the island claiming that Henry is their brother".

This leads me to 2 possible theories:
    a) The diary writer's brother is the real Henry Gale and it's no coincidence that the diary writer ended up on the plane (Eko and the Nigerian plane).

b) The diary writer is a potential mole - an other. They know who's really being held in the hatch and the term "brother" shouldn't be taken literally.

Look forward to more clues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

Looks like my last post was a bit of a waste:

http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Kristin/Trans/Archive2006/060403b.html
    Aha! The found letter on Lost's ABC site is written by Rose, who thinks that her brother, the real Henry Gale, is in the hatch. Am I right?
    As I mentioned in the column, I asked Damon about the diary writer's identity (which many of you want to know, I know) and he graciously gave it to me straight: "It's on the ABC site, but we [the producers] are not necessarily generating nor fact-checking content. We are sort of aware of it, and we sort of pitched the concept, but it sort of went off the rails a couple of weeks ago, talking about Henry Gale being their brother, and you know, we were a little surprised." So, bottom line, you can still read it, enjoy it and search for clues in it, 'cause Lord knows it's a good, fun read. But let's not lose sleep over it, okay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,055 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Looks like our good friend L5 is back just voting 1 for the hell of it in the polls!

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Maybe there should be an "Atari jaguar" option in the poll, or a "Hi, I'm L5" one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Bodan

I dont understand why some people think it is Rose writing the diary , i remember from season 1 Jack and Rose talking , holding hands in the plane just before it went down . I think its a non starter .

If i had to take a guess , id say Hurley ( based on the style of writing and the few ppl who know theres a guy in the Hatch )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

well Boone had all the pens after S1E1 when he asked everyone for them but could he have dropped them beside Rose when they weren't needed. maybe she picked them up then....

also could Rose's knowledge come from the fact she was (maybe) officially dead on the Island after the crash and that when Jack brought her back she had learned something or seen something

maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Bodan

danniemcq wrote:
    well Boone had all the pens after S1E1 when he asked everyone for them but could he have dropped them beside Rose when they weren't needed. maybe she picked them up then....

also could Rose's knowledge come from the fact she was (maybe) officially dead on the Island after the crash and that when Jack brought her back she had learned something or seen something

maybe

Do all the people in your village drink at the same Well ?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

the writers have dismissed the map being drawn by one of the losties, they said it was drawn by (not a name, not really a spoiler either)
    a previous hatch inhabitant who was pressing the button

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

:eek: Are you saying that the drawing inside the Hatch was done by someone who was inside the Hatch, what a revelation :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

L31mr0d wrote:
    :eek: Are you saying that the drawing inside the Hatch was done by someone who was inside the Hatch, what a revelation :eek:

the point is that is was made by a solo hatch operative, we know this because the maps says at one point 'distance incompatable with 108 timer'.
    so we a had a guy venturing out discoving hatches between countdowns, mapping them, then trying the hatch tunnels to get to the center but he appears to believe they are all blocked(hence the x's on the tunnels on the map) this individaul was also highly intelligent hence the advanced math, one illustration alludes to phi (pronouned 'fee' apparently)
    this equation is involved in the calculations of magnetic flux, obviously related to the em field, so the mystery, who was the lonley, latin speaking, mathamatician with a good grasp ancient miiddle egyptian symbols and more than a touch au fait with the di(he must of been there years, possibly a governmental guy)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tomcage9

Good point on Rose' confidence that Bernard was alive all the way through, definitely looking forward to her back story, as the fact it comes so late in the series would suggest its central to the overall plot.

Found this quote on spoilerfix.com a while back, just looked it up again now to post:

(talking about season 2 in 2005)
    12/09 - Exec producer Carlton Cuse about the possibility of a Rose/Bernard flashback: "Given the road map for the rest of the season, we're not going to get to their flashback this year," he says. "But next season? Let's just say it's a very real possibility."

It's interesting how their plans obviously change (possible due to public demmand?)

[BTW, my first post here :) ]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

The writers have said the diary was their idea but the "writer of it having a brother in the hatch" wasnt. I cant see this going anywhere really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

stevejazzx wrote:
    ... so the mystery, who was the lonley, latin speaking, mathamatician with a good grasp ancient miiddle egyptian symbols and more than a touch au fait with the di(he must of been there years, possibly a governmental guy)?

In the Orientation video, Dharma were very clear that they wanted 2 people in the hatch. So what went wrong? If Desmond was telling the truth, Kelvin was alone in the hatch when he found Desmond shipwrecked on the island. Then Kelvin died and Desmond was the sole hatch operator. Why weren't Dharma checking up on the hatch and sending replacements? It looked like Dharma had lost control of the island and the Others were renegade Dharma employees/castaways. But then we find out Dharma are sending supply drops so they're still involved in what's going on. Maybe they resupply the hatch but have nothing to do with the Others, who are working to their own agenda now.
    The map was most probably drawn by Desmond or Kelvin cos the dates (if they are dates) on it match up with the time they were in it. But who was he hiding it from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I don't think that the map was drawn when desmond and kelvin where in the hatch, otherwise the 108minute limit wouldn't apply if there where 2 people, they would be doing shifts so one person could be away for the whole day. Maybe it was desmond on his own? I mean there was a fresh supply of food there so he might of known about the supply drops and the lockdown, maybe he ran off to the middle where the question mark was on the map and we'll find him there in a later episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

My God, what an amazing episode. Like a few have already eluded to, I hope the show keeps momentum now with strong plots until the end of series 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,055 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Never mind.. gonna start a new thread for this particular comment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Bodan wrote:
    Do all the people in your village drink at the same Well ?:rolleyes:

nah we try not to after last years events...!

just think it;s a bit silly people wonderin who is writin the diary on the Channels site is it there for nothing other than a talking point, get people to visit that site and get money through ads...

ok thats it i'm telling the village elders to stop growing herbs...

mnah to lazy can't wait for 18 now, few hours...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

weren't we all pretty sure we heard Rose's voice in the countdown in the Canadian preview? (and why did henry make such an effort to distract locke from hearing it?)

meaning she was involved in the experiment, did she say what she did for a living?

Why would the official site have something that's wrong.

its very hard to follow lost without the internet :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

9/10 amazing episode, thats why i love LOST.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Narcissus

Does anyone else think that the food might not have been dropped from an airplane? Maybe Dharma just put a parachute there to make it look like it was dropped. No one saw a plane and the doors were locked down so the people who were in the hatch wouldn't see the people leaving the food supply.

I think i'm over-analysing a bit :)

Fantastic episode by the way :D

Advertisement