Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

3 month car hire

Options
  • 29-03-2006 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

I need to hire/lease a car out for 3 months for someone from the UK who will be travelling back & forth every week.

I'm sure I'd get a better deal if we block booked a car for 3 months rather than every week, but does anyone know if it is actually cheaper and is there anywhere specific that I could contact?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It gets cheaper the longer the rental period is. However, most rental companies will change the car every 28 days.
    Try www.avis.ie
    You will find it nearly impossible to get a 3 month lease. Usually the minimum is 1 year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

I know someone who works at Enterprise Rent-A-Car that can sort you out.

PM me your details and ill get them to contact you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

cheaper to buy a old 'freeish' car and have it towed away at the end of the three months if image not important. any japanese car should provide a few months of livable reliability.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

lomb wrote:
    cheaper to buy a old 'freeish' car and have it towed away at the end of the three months if image not important. any japanese car should provide a few months of livable reliability.

This is true also, id say you are looking at €300Pm to rent anyway. But im not sure how insurance would work out for them. Could be a bit messy.

Advertisement