Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To enlarge garage or not?

Options
  • 29-03-2006 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Hi,

I am in the process of a self build and am building a garage at the same time. It is 5.5m * 5.5m * 2.5m . The foundationa and dead building have been done but I am now thinkin that I should make it bigger. Currently I am only going to use it for storage and an oil boiler. However, I have been looking at maybe changing to a wood pellet boiler which will require a lot of storage (about 7 cublic meters) for the pellets to make it viable.

My question is should I just enlarge the base and use a lot of steel without doing more foundations or would this be foolish?

Lastbuilders

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

put in foundations! Dont be scabby about it! It's going to be there for a long time if your going to go with a wood pellet burner!

Advertisement