Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

High shots or low shots

• 29-03-2006 12:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭

I am having a discussion with my father concerning the best type of shots to play.

I believe that the lower shot is better as you can judge the distance better when hitting a lower shot into the green; the only disadvantage I can see is that there is no backspin with a low shot

What does everyone else think about the height of your shots and the advantages.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

it all depends on the situation, for instance I'd never hit a low shot to a green with the flag at the front or over a bunker/hazard or to a green much above the level of your shot. On the other hand I would never hit a high shot into the wind.

I wouldn't say either shot is 'better', in general for the best distance control I hit my normal shot with whatever club and let the loft take care of the distance, all other things being equal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭css

High/Low, to be honest i hardly think about it unless its really windy.. My normal trajectory is low enough though compared to others. I have found that if i hit a shot with a lot of spin, it tend to go in lower than normal.

Each situation has to be treated differently though, who's to say. Ask a pro and he'll tell you to play it whatever way you want...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

daveym wrote:
    it all depends on the situation, for instance I'd never hit a low shot to a green with the flag at the front or over a bunker/hazard or to a green much above the level of your shot. On the other hand I would never hit a high shot into the wind.

I wouldn't say either shot is 'better', in general for the best distance control I hit my normal shot with whatever club and let the loft take care of the distance, all other things being equal.
    completely agree with davey and css it's all about the circumstance. there's a million and one ways to solve most problems, picking the best one at the time is the sign of knowledge and experience, (which is why i mostly get it wrong)

Advertisement