Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naruto - finally available on DVD ^_^

Options
  • 29-03-2006 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭

Noticed on the anime network the first few eps of naruto are actually available on DVD now!!!

Cheaked amazon.com (cause its R1) just in case and it was there...think thats going to make alot of people very happy :D

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/reviews/display.php?id=967

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Lantis

It's always been available on DVD, just...not in English.

Wait till June/July, they're starting to release uncut versions of the DVDs with both language tracks and subs.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Lantis wrote:
    It's always been available on DVD, just...not in English

Well first time available to us westerners :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

It would cost a fortune to buy it all though. Dunno if it's worth buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

What I fear is that it will end up like Fist of the North star and they will do the first 40 or so eps and then just leave it :/ I'd really like to see the series do well on dvd but there is just so much filler material...

>_<

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

Viz have been quite clear on their release plans, with bi-annual boxsets at least. The series is doing very well indeed, but their release schedule will dictate how successful the DVDs might ultimately be. If they pull a stunt like they are doing for Full Moon (releasing it in such a manner - over 4 years - to guarantee its failure), later DVDs will never be released, or they will just be TV versions, edited with no sub.

I do believe they intend to release uncut dual audio/subbed versions, but who can tell. Viz drop stuff when it doesn't sell even if the reason for it not selling can be levelled at their feet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

For some of the epic action scenes half the previous ep is played in the next and they can go for well over 4eps. With only 4eps on an average DVD it doesnt work out too well for your DVD buyer! Be horrible if they edit it to fit it in better :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Aye this is actually the perfect series for them to try allowing people to download them. I.e. they put it on Cartoon Network or whatever and then also allow people to pay a few euro per ep off their site - there is so much that they will most likly be cutting it fine trying to profit from dvd sales but if they turn it into a type of iTunes they may be able to pull it off very well! Stagering the releases, offer them for like 4/5 euro per ep..

If they want to have dvds (and I wouldnt mind having a box set of it all :)) then do special limited edition sets - i.e. first 50 eps..and so on

Advertisement