Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

some Broadband questions?

• 29-03-2006 1:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭

ok
    I just brought a house, i say it has a phone line but i not sure if there was a number attched to it.

There is only a few options for broadband, i am going with BT.

I am going to a the self install option but the question i have is do i need to get a phone number off eircom or can BT set up the number and all the broadband stuff themselves.

What type of wireless router does BT provide and what is setting up the wireless router like? anyone got a guide handy and how to i keep it secure.

thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

insert phone in socket dial 199000 , does it talk back a number as in the old number ?

check THAT number to see if it passes on the database

tell us what happens for further advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Sponge Bob wrote:
    insert phone in socket dial 199000 , does it talk back a number as in the old number ?

check THAT number to see if it passes on the database

tell us what happens for further advice.

havent quite signed all the paperwork yet, but i have noted this to try when i do get hold of the keys.

I have done a bit of looking and i got hold of someone number in my estate via the goldenpages and i tried that on the eircom website and it passed. So fingers crossed.

Advertisement