Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oblivion PC or 360?

• 29-03-2006 2:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

just wondering which one it plays on better since i heard a LOT about this game a friend of mine doesnt know which format he should go for,
    opinions pls
    thx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

PC is your only man.

a) because it doesnt cost 70 quid
    b) because it'll be more future proofed with the addition of mods etc. Some of which may be available for the 360 but nowhere need the volume for the pc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I like the pc I do but i would have to say 360 ftw

1. If you're going playing for 8 hours straight (and you will) I'd rather be on the couch.
    2. Its guaranteed to run on the 360 but may not run on your PC
    3. The controller is better for combat in my opinion than a keyboard and mouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭DonkeyRhubarb

Its great on both, honestly. Ive played both and while I much prefer mouse + keyboard, it actually works perfectly on the XBox controller too.
    If you have a high end PC, I say go that way. If not, go XBox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

I got it on the xbox because otherwise i would need to pump in 700-800 euros on a new graphics card, mobo, proc and ram (no sense in doing things half-arsed) to get my comp up to a good spec again. My current spec could run the game but would be nowhere near as pretty as the xbox version (barton 2800, 512 pc2700, 9700u).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Played it on both.
    I dont have 360 but do have a killer pc.
    Xbox has noticeable slowdown and framerate issues,my pc version doesnt.
    However if i was to really get into this game [so far im struggling to :( ] sprawled infront of the 28" LCD on a 360 would be nice :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement