Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Young Circa

• 29-03-2006 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

www.recirca.com/young is a new development on Circa Art Magazines website. Its intention is to show portfolios of excellent Junior and Leaving cert art, if anyone is interested.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭petek

www.recirca.com/young is a new development on Circa Art Magazines website. Its intention is to show portfolios of excellent Junior and Leaving cert art, if anyone is interested.

when i saw this thread title i thought it might mean circa were going to be doing more to support young emerging professional artists, but this is good too.

if i was in school it would be a real help to me to see this site to get an idea of the exam standards. but since i'm not i find the way its strictly looking at exam work pretty boring, i know when i was in school the work people were doing in the classroom wasn't half as exciting as the work we'd do for ourselves in our own time. it would be nice if something like circa highlighted actual art work by teenagers, rather than exam work, which tends to be very controlled.. it would also mean that the work might tend to be about more interesting/contemporary issues, rather than safe themes such as "by the waterside"..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 francisca

I teach wire work, a form of jewellery making as well as stringing, and I am organising a workshop to teach in Dublin at the end of May. I also teach stringing and how to make a variety of accessories. If anyone is interested, please contact me at francisca@nicolefrancis.com for more information

Advertisement