Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Morrowind or Oblivion?

• 29-03-2006 3:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Ive been playing Oblivion a LOT and I LOVE it. However, I put the guts of 800 hours into Morrowind along with the two expansions.
    For those of you who have played both, which do you genuinely prefer and why?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Well, I spent alot of time in Morrowind initially and didn't get very far. I was just exploring the world for the most part. I don't think I even got past level 3 tbh. Then I spotted it in gamestop with both expansions on the xbox for a tenner. So I got it. I can play my xbox in bed so I figured I'd be able to invest a little time in it every night instead of having mamoth health-threatening sesions at the weekends. Plus there were other things to play and do (Life, for example...). I have about 10 hours on the xbox version clocked now, and that's mostly cos I fell asleep one night. But I did my character properly from the star and levelled up pretty quickly. I'm level 6 in it I think.

Alot of people are giving out about the levelling system in Oblivion where everyone else levels with you. I prefered the Morrowind way where, if you could get away with it, you could steal/make-a-run-for some serious kit even at low levels. I spawned myself some glass armour in Oblivion just to see it cos it was so cool in Morrowind. I still found I was getting my ass kicked by scamps. In Morrowind I was almost invincible. So I reckon even though I had it, I wasn't MEANT to have it so it was p**s poor. Could be completely qrong but I dunno.....

Tangent there, but to get back to your question: Oblivion. Definately. As an imersive world its fantastic. I mean, of course there are problems with it. But hey, you can sit on stools, fcs! Brilliant. I took a trip up north to the border when I got my first horse and went hunting deer in the snow. Because you can.

Advertisement