Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Docklands and its future.

Options
  • 29-03-2006 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

The land around the docks is to selling off!

I think this is a great milestone in the future of Limerick, I mean there huge land there! a few towering high rises will meet population demands of this squaling boundary that is about to burst its banks. A conference centre? office towers? IFSC? what else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

you have great enthusiasm thats for sure, yeah it would be great to see this land get developed! make it into a proper river front with pubs, clubs, cafe's hotels etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Spengman

I think we could be waiting a while for the plans to come to fruition, this has been on the table for a good couple of years now with little or no movement! The potential is huge as the masterplan includes the greenpark racecourse and the general dock road area. Murray o laoire architects put together a docklands masterplan that included suggested future uses for the docks, however it seems pretty conservative with little in the way of high rise or so called landmark structures!, there is talk though of sports and maritime museums being included in the plans, i suppose we'll just have to wait and see!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭shinners007

ya that would be great for limerick
    lets wait and hope:D :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Yeah they've been saying this for years now.
    The first couple of times I got a bit excited but, now it's just optimistic skepticism!
    There were plans for a medical university and some kind of fashion theatre as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

yes this will be brill for the city. maybe it has been talked about but this time plans are goin ahead. they're goin to see what kindof businesses would like to buy and if the right companies come forward then a deal will go ahead as far as i kno

• Advertisement
Advertisement